sixteen

a/n: shoutout to Kittydun aka finn for being a sweetheart and voting

tyler's pov
*before josh arrived.*
the date with josh was beyond amazing. i actually have no clue how to describe it. all i have to say about it is that i never want to forget about it.

i really didn't have anyone to tell about it, i really wanted to tell someone, so i only had one person i could call.

ryan.

ryan is my cousin. i have a few family members here in ohio, and ryan is the only one who knows i'm gay and lives the closest to me. i texted him and he told me he would be here in a minute. i really didn't care about my appearance so all i did was put on the hoodie i stole from josh.

speaking of josh, i miss him. maybe i'll hang out with him later, only if he's up for it.

a couple minutes later i hear a faint knock on the door. i opened it and was met with ryan's smiling face. i opened the door wider and let him in. once the door was closed ryan spoke up.

"c'mere tyler! i haven't seen you in forever, give me a hug!" i walked towards him and gave him a big hug. he was right when he said we haven't seen each other in a long time. the last time i saw him was like two years ago, it was at some family reunion bullshit.
once i let go i told him to follow me up to my room.

"so tyler what do you need to vent about?" i blushed at the thought of josh.

"i went on a date, i would rather talk about it to you than my mom." he chucked and nodded for me to continue.

"so um his name is josh, he's actually my neighbo-"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? YOU'RE DATING YOUR NEIGHBOR. OH THIS IS GREAT." he started laughing. "i need to get comfortable for this, this is gonna be a long talk." and with that he laid down and put his head in my lap. i absentmindedly started playing with his hair and continued to talk about josh.

"so before i got rudely interrupted." i glared at him, he stuck his tongue out at me and chuckled. "yes, josh is my neighbor. that's actually his room over there." i pointed to the window right across from mine. "josh has these brown eyes that make you melt. i feel like i'm drowning in coffee every time he stares at me. they give off a warmth that i live for." ryan chuckled while i continued.

"he has a grey cat named mercury, she's like his baby. his mom is funny, her name is laura, she insist i call her momma dun instead of ms.dun, she complains that it makes her sound old.  josh looks like his mom too."

"do you have a picture of him? i don't know what he looks like." ryan said. i proceeded to pull out my phone and showed him the picture of josh that i took when we watched movies. "not bad tyler, he has a nice smile." i nodded. "so are you gonna tell me about the date or are you gonna keep throwing josh facts at me."

"oh shit sorry i forgot that's what i wanted to tell you. the date... where do i even begin." i sighed.

"you can start from the beginning dumbass."

"zip it asshole."

"sorry." ryan mumbled.
i started playing with ryan's hair and continued on about josh.

"well i stayed the night at josh's house prior to the date so i had to go home to get ready. i was actually kinda nervous because that was actually the first date i've ever been on. we went out to some nice pizza place, we ate and talked the whole time. once we got in the car he asked me if i was ready for part two of the date. i was really confused because i thought we were just going out to eat. he ended up driving us to the park and the sun was starting to set."

"he did the cliché take-you-to-watch-the-sunset-and-tell-you-you're-beautiful huh?" ryan said. i playfully smack his face and we started giggling. that's when i heard a faint knock on my bedroom door, i assumed it was my but was shocked when i saw josh standing there.

"j-josh" i said.

"oh, u-um, hey. i was gonna tell you s-something but you seem busy. i'll uh tell you later. sorry b-bye." he rambled.

"w-wait josh!" i yelled. ryan got off my lap as i ran down the steps just in time to see josh walk out the door. ryan comes to my side and i fall into his arms and start crying.

"hey tyler maybe i should get go-"

"no! p-please don't le-leave me. what if he doesn't l-like me anymore? he doesn't k-know who you are, he probably thinks i-i don't like him."

"shhh tyler it's okay. talk to him tomorrow and try to explain everything. if he doesn't believe you i'll go up to him personally and tell him we're cousins." ryan said.

"t-thank you." i mumbled into his shoulder. my mom walked into the room with her phone in her hand.

"hey tyler is everything okay? laura said josh ran into the house crying and he won't come out his room. what happened?" when i heard that i broke down even more. i hurt him.

"r-ryan we have to go now." i grabbed his arm and pulled him to josh's house. i didn't even bother to knock.

"t-tyler?" laura walked to the door. "a-and who's this?" she asked.

"my cousin ryan." i said and walked right to josh's room. i tried to open it and it was obviously locked. i heard a soft 'go away mom' from the other side, i frowned, i really did hurt him.

"no-no it's tyler, please let me explain."

"fuck off tyler, you've done enough." josh said.

"joshy please open the door. it's not what you think." i heard shuffling and the door unlocked. josh opened the door a sliver, i could only see his red eyes and stained cheeks covered with dry tears.

"great you brought him along too." josh scoffed.

"i did. i think you would like him, this is ryan." i gestured to him.

"he's my cousin."

a/n: okay so i have school tomorrow i want death. anyways wow 100+ votes! thanks for enjoying this story. i'll write more after school tomorrow. this isn't edited so if there's mistakes sorry. thanks so much ily all -jay