eighteen

josh's pov
*two weeks later*

it's been two weeks since i asked tyler to be my boyfriend. honestly i haven't been this happy in god knows how long. today i'm taking him on another date. it's kinda like a picnic but instead of going to a park, i'm taking him to a forest. since i'm not really good at making food, besides pancakes, i just went to taco bell and got a shit ton of food.

once i got home i had 40 minutes to get everything ready. i found a basket in the garage, i don't know why we had it, but mom buys a lot of stuff. i shrugged the thought off and went back inside to pack up the food. the food was packed and now i had to grab a bunch of blankets and pillows. i decided that tyler and i could just stargaze and sleep out there. i ran upstairs to my room and grabbed all the blankets and pillows from when we made a fort. it was awhile ago, i was too lazy to put it away properly so i had a pile of blankets in the corner of my room. i grabbed as many as i could and walked out to my car. i unlocked the trunk and folded the back seats down so there was more room in the trunk. since i had a jeep i just thought i could make a 'bed' back there and that's where tyler and i could sleep. i started laying out all the blankets and made a small bed. i was actually quite impressed with myself. i ran back inside and grabbed some pajamas for the both of us and put them in a small bag including my polaroid camera. the only thing i told tyler to bring was his ukulele because i really wanted to hear him sing some more.

after getting everything ready i had five minutes until tyler was gonna show up. i decided to cuddle with mercury for a minute since i can't bring her. while i was sitting on the couch my mom walked into the living room.

"josh where are you going?" of course i forgot to tell here.

"on a date with tyler." i replied. her eyes filled with excitement, i thought she was gonna explode.

"what are you guys gonna do?" she smirked, while wiggling her eyebrows.

"on a picnic, but i'm not coming home so don't wait up for me." i said.

"josh, honey. i think it's time i say this to you since you're old enough." she patted my knee, i knew exactly where this is going. "if you decide to do the do, don't be silly and cover your willy. you need to use prote-" before she could finish tyler knocked on the door. i kissed mercury's forehead and stood up quickly.

"well that's my cue to go!" i said and gave my mom a hug.

i opened the door and saw tyler standing there with his ukulele. my heart instantly fluttered when he spoke up.

"hiya joshy." he smiled.

"hey bub, you ready to go?" he simply nodded.

"you two have fun! but not too much fun!" mom yelled, i felt my cheeks heat up. i grabbed the picnic basket and placed it in the car.

alrighty dun, don't fuck up this date.

•••

tyler's pov
after me and josh got in his car I immediately asked where we were going. i had no clue, all he told me was to bring my ukulele and my 'cute ass'. i'm not one down for surprises, i'm nervous as hell for this date. i kept asking josh where we're going and all he did was shrug his shoulder.