twenty

a/n: you can start the song. it's Neon Crimson by The Paper Kites

josh's pov
ever since i've told tyler that i loved him, i've been feeling on top of the world. i know that sounds stupid, but really i haven't been this happy in god knows how long.

when he told me he loved me back, i swear it was like the whole world stopped. the stars were twinkling in his big brown doe eyes. his cheeks were a nice shade of rosy pink. and when those words left his pink plump lips, i knew that i would love this boy for the rest of my life.

>>

it was around 3am when i heard my phone ringing. i had no clue who could be calling me at 3 in the morning, but when i saw tyler's name on the called i.d, panic and confusion filled my head.
when i answered you could hear shaky breaths and small whimpers.

"j-joshy?" i hear tyler say.

"tyler, baby what's wrong?" worry drips from my lips.

"c-can you p-please come o-over?" he whispers. "t-the doors un-unlocked, just h-hurry pl-please."

"give me a second bub, i'll be right over." i say. i quickly put on some sweatpants and a hoodie. i leave a note on the kitchen table to let mom know that i left. i grab my keys and slip on my vans. i lock the front door and run to tyler's house.

once i walked in, you could hear muffled sobs from upstairs. tyler's parents weren't home, they went on some business trip out of town, leaving tyler home by himself.

i run up the stairs and open tyler's bedroom door. the first thing i noticed was tyler curled up in a ball, and shaking with a blanket surrounded his body. in that moment he looked smaller than usual. i close the door behind me and rush towards his side.

"aw bub, what's the matter?" i whisper in his ear. tyler slowly crawls onto my lap and nuzzles his face into my neck.

"i-i-i'm scared of th-thunderstorm." he whimpers. "i-i know that s-sounds silly, but t-they're loud, a-and l-loud noises scare m-me."

"it's okay, it's not silly at all." i said. i rub his back in a soothing motion, his breaths start to calm down.

suddenly another clap of thunder roars. tyler squeaks and grabs my shirt, attempting to move himself closer to me.

"shhh baby it's okay, i'm right here." i whisper, i place a reassuring kiss to his forehead. he continues to shake in my arms, small whimpers leaving his pouty lips ever so often.

tyler looks up at me, eyes glistening with tears.

"j-joshy?"

"yeah bub?"

"c-can you p-please stay here to-tonight?" tyler says, practically begging me.

"of course tyler. i'm not going anywhere." i say while leaning down to kiss his nose.

"t-thank you from coming right a-away." tyler says. i nodded and squeezed his torso.

"i-i love you j-joshy." tyler whispers, placing featherlight kisses to my neck.

"i love you too baby boy."
•••
*trigger warning*