twenty four

a/n: don't start the song yet : )

josh's pov
my surgery is in two days, so i plan to spend every second of them with tyler. i know it's not really a good idea to think like this, but if i don't make it, at least i spent my last days with the person i love the most.

today we're going on a mini road trip. we live so close to the city, i thought we could have a break and visit the country part of ohio. by country part, i mean grassy fields, or maybe we can take a walk in the forest again. the snow hasn't fallen yet, which is pretty unusual for ohio, but i don't mind, i love the fall weather.

tyler should be at my house soon, i can't wait to see his cute face again. i have no clue what i would do without him, i love him so much. those few days where i didn't talk to him were hell, i regret shutting him out. i felt so alone, and i made some stupid decisions. now those stupid decisions are left scarred on my arm reminding me to never do it again. that's all in the past now, and i intend to keep it there.

tyler arrived at my house around noon. i grabbed my backpack and keys, in my backpack was a sweater for the both of us, beer, and a polaroid camera. i felt like having a drink tonight. i only have it thanks to brendon. i don't intend on getting drunk at all, i mean i still have to drive tyler and i home. the camera is for obvious reasons, i want to take cute pictures of my boyfriend.

once all of that stuff was gathered, tyler and i both said bye to my mom. we walked out the door and got in the car. tyler instantly grabbed the aux cord.

*start the song, its Glasgow by Catfish and the Bottlemen*

the drive was filled with singing, chatter, and giggles. it wasn't a long drive, we arrived to where i wanted to go sometime close to 12:30. the sun was shining, and the air was crisp. i grabbed my backpack from the backseat and locked the car. tyler brought along his ukulele and a bag filled with food, he insisted on buying a ton of food as payback for all the times i bought him food.

once we started walking, tyler immediately grabbed a hold of my hand. he gave my hand a gentle squeeze every now and then. i gave him a small peck on his cheeks, the tops of his tan cheekbones instantly turn a dusty rose color. i let out a small chuckle, tyler turns his head to glare at me. his eyebrows furrowed, his pink plump lips formed into a pout.

"stop making me blush joshy, i look like a tomato." he mumbles.

"never! you don't look like tomato baby, i promise you that." i say reassuring him.

"whatever." he huffs, while rolling his eyes playfully.

we continue walking around, i suggested we go towards the woods that's near us, tyler agrees following me. i wanted to look for some good firewood so we could have a small campfire tonight. i don't plan to stay out here, but i want to stay out here late enough so we could stargaze. i surprisingly know how to start a fire, thanks mom for putting me in boy scouts! god boy scouts sucked ass, i hated it so much, but my dad wanted me to make friends while doing "manly" things. i guess watching the little mermaid wasn't manly enough for him, but now it doesn't matter he's out of the picture.

i never had a problem with my dad when i was younger, i would get along with him perfectly fine. he would take me to the park, the arcade, just normal stuff that a son and dad would normally do. things changed when he found out i was gay. at first he just thought it was a joke, but when he saw me kissing a boy, then he knew i wasn't joking. i immediately thought he was gonna kick me out, beat me, do anything to get rid of me. instead he just left, didn't say where he was going, just came back home a day later smelling like whisky and cigarettes. fast forward a couple of years, i was diagnosed with cancer and that broke him even more. i don't blame him, cancers rough, but i didn't expect him to file for divorce and leave my mom and i alone. i haven't talked to him in two years, but honestly i don't want anything to do with him, he's the one who decided to leave his wife and dying son.