7: BBQ-Chicken

Chapter 7: BBQ-Chicken

He was dressed in a blue Aerosmith t-shirt, with matching cargo pants. His hair disheveled as usual and also that signature smirk was plastered over his face.

"Surprise Princess", he leaned on the wall holding a duffel bag.

I blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. But he was still there. This can't be happening. Leo Arsen is the guy who is supposed to live with us

He made the decision of letting himself in, his eager eyes roaming around taking in the surroundings. "You have a nice home", he nodded appreciatively. "The last time I came here I didn't even notice. Had something to do with some idiot choking on her skittles", he looked at me directly, the mischievous glint in his eyes challenging me.

"At least I am still living in my parents' house", I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smirked plopping himself down on the couch and raising his legs on the coffee table. "This is better than my parents' house Emma".

I glowered at him seeing the mess he had already created two minutes into our house. His shoes were caked with dirt, leaving muddy foot prints trailing on the ground all the way to the sofa. I was sure I would be the one cleaning that mess and I bet he wouldn't be offering a helping help.

I speed dialed my mom while walking towards the kitchen. Getting myself some privacy.

After two rings she picked up. "Hello-"

"Out of all the people in my school, you let LEO ARSEN stay into our house?"

"Sweetie you guys know each other? That's cute-"

"Mom, no please. I hate that guy".

I felt Leo hovering over me when he decided to scream in the phone like a five-year-old, "Hi June. What's up?"

"Wait you guys are on first name basis already?" I sputtered.

"Yeah we are Facebook friends", my mom said casually like everyone had their daughter's nemesis on their Facebook friend list.

He snatched the phone away from me, earning a dirty look from me. "Listen June..", he said putting the phone on speaker, "I think Emma doesn't like the fact that I will be staying over your place, I think I can find a place somewhere-"

"No Leo what are you talking about? You are staying at our place, besides Emma needs some company too since I am always out for business trips and we don't have relatives in Florida with whom Emma can stay. Just promise me you will take good care of yourself and my daughter okay?"

The mischievous look on Leo's face was back, he was eyeing me, smirking and wriggling his eyebrows at me, I rolled my eyes at him and huffed in frustration.

"Okay June if you say so.."

"I will hang up then, I am due to a meeting in like 10 minutes".

With that she hung up.

"Can you not just leave me alone?"

"I blame it on kiss-met", he quipped, clearly proud of his lame pun.

"Agghhh- you are infuriating", I went up the stairs to my room and closed the door with a loud bang. This can't be happening to me.

I know if there was someone else in my place they would love to have Leo Arsen stay over at their house but I wasn't one of them.

...................

My stomach grumbled in hunger. I stubbornly wrapped my arms around my abdomen as I sat cross legged on my bed. I had to study for a Biology test but the grumbling in my stomach made it impossible for me to do so. It was 8pm and I still hadn't had my dinner yet.