39: Ricotta

Chapter 39: Ricotta

"Do you wanna go dress shopping tomorrow?" Hailey asked over the phone.

"Dress shopping for what?" I asked rummaging through my closet to find my cardigan. It was a little cold outside so I decided to wear my cardigan over my t-shirt.

"For prom! Did you forget? Its only like a few weeks away. Derek is taking me to their senior prom. Leo is going  right?", Hailey asked.

"Uhh I totally forgot about that". Leo did ask me about it but with the exams approaching and Leo's injury I forgot about it.

"So are you free tomorrow?"

"No I am sorry Hailey. Wee are having dinner with Leo's mom tomorrow".

"Ohhhh...we can go some other day.  Awww you are meeting his mom!"

I laughed,"Its not like that actually. I have met her a couple of times".

"Oh whatever you say.... but still its cute! Leo really loves you. I am so glad you guys are dating now", she mused.

"But....".

"But what Em?"

"The thing is I never said 'I love you' to him back. After my last relationship- I just couldn't do it", I said sadly.

"Ohh Em. So what? Take your time. I'm sure Leo doesn't  mind. I am pretty sure you love him. But- you are just not able to spell it out".

"I hope so I really do".

"So I heard from George that one of Jules' minions was lurking around your place".

"Oh yes Amber- She is such a bitch. She wanted to deliver Jules' get-well-soon gift to Leo. I kicked her out. Not to mention she was making things up like how Leo visits Jules at her place". I refrained from telling her about Amber's warning about Andrew. I didn't want her to worry about it.

There was a long pause from her end. My heart was beating faster against my chest- what if she thinks its true. I decided not to pay attention to Amber because she's a liar and I am pretty sure this is one of Jules' schemes to break us up. She just wants me to fall for it which I wouldn't. Hailey laughed, I breathed out a sigh of relief. "That sounds so stupid. Oh god Jules should come up with better plans".

"I know", I laughed. All of a sudden I heard a shrill drilling sound coming from downstairs.

"What the hell is that noise?" Hailey asked over the phone.

"I don't know. Let me check. I will call you later".

"Bye", with that I hung up.

I went downstairs to see Leo shirtless fixing the back door lock. I wish I could have just taken out my phone to take a picture of the marvelous view in front of me, but I I don't want to fuel his ego anymore. Stop drooling Emma.

"You never told me that the back door lock doesn't work at times", Leo said that got me out of my trance.

"Huhhhh- Uh yes it doesn't. I always forget so I never got around to fixing it. But I do put a sofa in front of it for protection".

"No wonder I find the sofa oddly placed every morning. Em you should be more careful. With the recent events going on- you should have gotten that door fixed a long time back", Leo said with a concerned look on his face.

"Why aren't you jumping over this man? Because if I were in you I would have", said George from behind me. I didn't even notice he was here in the first place.

I looked behind to see George blatantly checking him out. I didn't even know how he got here. I laughed. He was so transfixed by the view and I can absolutely relate.