26: Artichoke

Josh- Movie? Just like yesterday?

Emma- Yeah sure! Come over tonight. We can watch Pulp Fiction.

Few minutes later Josh was at my place. It was our usual arrangement like before. We were both cuddled up on the sofa watching a movie on Netflix.

"Thanks for hanging out with me. All Leo keeps on doing is work and Derek is too much in love so he is always out with Hailey. I am telling you I thought we had a bromance there but then your friend came and butted in".

I laughed," No problem. In fact I can relate to you. George is always with Sebstian and Hailey is always with your bromance buddy".

"Yeah we might as well be dating now but I don't want Leo's head to explode", he joked.

"He wouldn't even give a fuck".

"Oh he will", he said smiling at me, "Believe me he will".

We decided on ordering shawarma and fries. "My treat", he said as he confirmed his order through the delivery app.

I couldn't help but notice the wallpaper which was a portrait of a middle aged woman. She was beautiful and the painting captured that so well.

"That is a beautiful painting. Is that your mom?" I asked observing the woman in the painting  who had had similar features to Josh.

"Yeah it is".

"She is beautiful. Who painted this?"

"Me", he said nonchalantly eating chips off the bowl and watching tv.

"This is amazing Josh. I didn't know you were talented", I mused.

"It's nothing actually. You should have seen my grandpa's works they are exquisite".

"Your grandpa was a painter?"

"Yeah he was. He wasn't actually that well known since he kept his artworks more to himself. In fact he never showed it to us. After he died, I searched his attic where I found his works".

"I would love to see them".

"Why don't you come over one day to my place so that I can show it to you?"

"Sure I would love that".

We ended up watching the whole movie without falling asleep unlike last time.

"What do we watch next?"

"Riverdale. It's gonna start in five minutes".

"No I forgot about the game! We will be watching that".

"I don't think so. It's the season finale I have to watch Riverdale".

"NO the game", he snatched the remote from me and kept it on the coffee table beside me so it was out of my reach.

"Hey give me the remote!" I protested but he changed the channel to ESPN and kept it on the coffee table beside him out of my reach.

"Uggghhh I am not gonna miss Riverdale for your stupid game!" I climbed over him to get the remote, which might have been an awkward position but I didn't care since I was only worried about watching Riverdale.

Right at that time Leo entered the house. His expression was a mixture of anger and shock. "What the hell?"

"Uhh I was just... getting the remote", I said trying to justify our awkward position. Why was I even trying to do that?

"Yeah she was", Josh nodded agreeing. I realized I was still on his lap so I got off him, too fast almost tripping myself.

"Yeah.... Right", With that Leo left the house.