34: Alfredo Sauce

Chapter 34: Alfredo Sauce

The kiss was different from the ones we had before. He was taking his sweet time discovering my lips. His hands trailing up my waist making my heart beat quicker inside my chest. There was a certain urgency but he was taking it slow. My hands found it's up on his back, I pulled him closer to deepen the kiss.

We broke apart only when we both needed some time to catch our breaths. I was breathing hard. Leo gave me a smile. "Best kiss ever", he muttered pecking me on the lips again. And suddenly I forgot how to breathe again.

"Was this- I don't have your phone or neither is Jules around me....", I don't know what the hell I was saying probably because I was still dizzy from the kiss. I cleared my throat," Why did-".

"I am in love with you Emma Justice . And it took me a shit ton of courage to say that. Not to mention I had to sail you in the middle of the sea and bring you on top of a fucking hill to avoid those inevitable interruptions and grow the balls to finally say it to you", he looked down scratching his head. "I am- I am not really good at these. All I wanna say is that, I think- I think you are the most amazing girl I have ever met. I am glad you stole that pizza from me", he looked at me, his lips curling into a nervous smile. "And- and I think you are- you are really hot".

I laughed. He looked adorable when he was blushing. "Shit. I ruined it. Didn't I?" he said looking despondent. "I had it all planned out. I knew exactly what to say Emma. I swear I am a smooth talker but when it comes to you I just lose all my thought process. And I don't know what happens to me. It's just I have never done this before. You are so special to me. I can't stop thinking about you. You deserve-".

This time I pulled him for a kiss. This one didn't last long but it still had the butterflies in my stomach go frenzy. My arms looped around his neck to draw him closer. I felt lightheaded. "This was perfect Arsen. Everything about this moment was perfect. And I-", I looked down. Now it was my turn to be speechless. I knew he was expecting me to say that I love him but somehow it was hard for me to say it. I knew I liked him a lot. And I had strong feelings for him but I was still unable to say it. Maybe my last last relationship has made me hesitant about falling in love again that I was too afraid to say anything. I just couldn't- I needed some time. "I- I- think".

"Emma it's alright. You don't have to say it back right now. I just needed you to let you know that I love you. You can tell me when the right time comes. I just- I just can't believe it's real", he was staring at me with those eyes which matched the colour of the sea. He kissed me again. "Yup it definitely is", he whispered.

..............

In the car George sat between us with a glum expression on his face while we couldn't wipe the grin off our faces. We both decided to tell our friends about us later since we wanted to take it slow.

Turns out after we went away our phones were out of reach due to poor network reception so they couldn't reach us. Surprisingly amidst their fight they noticed how both of us were missing so they got worried about us. They even formed a search party just to look for us. After we got back we received a lot of backlash for it.

"Thanks to you guys, I couldn't float on Bastian", George huffed crossing his arms over his chest.

"Can you not name your giant duck float after me?" Sebastian asked.

"Nope I can't. You can change your name but I will not change Bastian's name". I realised I was parched so I cracked open a can of coke and took a sip of it.

"So did you guys escape to an isolated island just to hook up?" George asked. Right then I started choking on the coke I was drinking like the idiot I am.