14: Salami

Chapter 14: Salami

Without any warning a jet of water hit me making me drench. The wetness lead to my dress clinging to my skin which was annoying but I didn't have any time to notice that because I had to run. Hearing a distant shout and footsteps coming towards me, I made a run for the car which was parked outside.

The cold air hitting my skin was making me shiver so I wrapped my hands around myself praying that the boys were safe. After few agonizing minutes the boys came running down the street. We all got into the car and Derek who was the least drunk drove us to our house. Adrenaline was surging through all of us as we had a risk of getting caught, no one uttered a single word all through the ride.

Relieved we all got out of the car, the boys all had a smirk plastered over their faces. "You have turned into quite a badass Em", Josh quipped.

"Nope. It was just an impulse in the spur of the moment", I retorted.

"Sure but thanks to you school is cancelled for tomorrow".

"What?" I asked flabbergasted.

"Yup. Turns out the the  alarm triggered the fire sprinkler all over the school. So the school is completely flooding in water now if the guy hasn't figured out a way to turn it off which I am pretty sure he didn't because Mr. Ira is the only one who knows how to turn it off", Josh explained.

I opened and closed my mouth like a goldfish unable to say anything. I was responsible for closing down the school.

"This can't be happening", I buried my head in my palms in frustration.

"Calm down princess. No one saw you doing that. Besides thanks to Derek we were successful in deactivating the school cameras", Leo said. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. "Now let's get you inside. You are shivering", he said worry laced in his voice.

I was completely touched by the gesture. "Umm... Thanks for that", I said lamely, my brain still trying to get over what I had done.

We bid Derek and Josh goodbyes. Leo dragged me inside, sitting me down on the couch he bought a dry towel for me. "Here take this", I took it from him and started drying my hair.

..............

"You know now that I think about it.... You had a test tomorrow and you don't have to study for that anymore", he said taking a huge bite out of the pepperoni pizza in his hand.

"Mmm..hmm". None of us were sleepy so we decided to watch some TV. We both settled on watching  The Big Bang Theory.

"That saved your ass", Leo said. I didn't realize Leo was too close until I felt his breath on my ears. "You look hot in these spongebob squarepants pajamas", he whispered. I can hear the teasing note in his voice.

I turned towards him to give a piece of my mind and to defend my favourite pajamas but only to end up having my mouth close to his.

He looked at my lips, his eyes hooded with desire. He really wanted to kiss me, I could see that in his eyes. His hot breath was fanning the corner of my lips, before he could place his lips on mine I backed away. "Don't even think about it", I warned.

"Oh come on princess you wanted that as much as I did".

"Nope. Next time you pull a trick like that I am kicking you out", I warned. I knew Leo Arsen was a player. He would kiss any girl and not have feelings for her. I, on the other hand, didn't try to overthink this because I didn't have any feelings for him. I couldn't have any feelings for him. Coming to a conclusion that dating was not for me after that... night. It just wasn't.

"Calm down princess. I wont try that. So we won't kiss just for fun. We could kiss to make Jules jealous".

"We already do. Don't we?"

"No it's about time we make things official between us. That is ought to make Jules pull on her hair I can guarantee you".

"Are you saying we only kiss in front of Jules to show that we are dating?"

"Yup", he nodded smiling.

I gave that a thought. For me it sounded absolutely stupid and childish to make someone jealous like that. But sadly that would actually have an affect on Jules. I knew it. Jules had a major crush on Leo but I also knew that would be playing with her feelings and I didn't want to cross that boundary. Unfortunately she left me no choice when she locked George up at the school in the middle of the night. She is the reason I had to trespass. She's the reason the boys had to put themselves in trouble to get the tape from school. Most importantly she is the one who had bullied me and my friends my whole life for the thing which wasn't my fault.

"But what will you get out of it?" I asked dubious. That question has been lingering at the back of my mind for too long.

His demeanor tensed. "In middle school I have been the victim of bullies and I hate how Jules bullies you and your friends. It makes me mad", He clenched his fists.

"Really? I am so sorry", After this little confession I was seeing Leo in a whole new light. I imagined a younger helpless Leo being bullied by the mean kids in school. I was quite saddened by this. I stroked his back to calm him down. He seemed to relax under my touch.

"Yeah. So we need to take the upper hand and fight her".

I let out a sigh ready to tell my final verdict.

"Its a deal then".

"Okay", he replied and before I had the chance to kick him out of my couch, outside my door away from me he placed his lips on mine. At first I was shocked, frozen in my spot and a bit irritated as I was wedged in an awkward sitting position. But soon my body began to respond, our lips moving in perfect sync, electricity skating down my spine. Slowly he let go with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I thought we are only kissing in front of them", I said breathlessly trying to sound annoyed while clearly his stupid lips had just made me see stars.

"I was just practicing. And also sealing the deal with a kiss", he smirked.

"Yeah right", I quipped .

"Oh come on princess, you didn't even stop me. Just admit it- that you are addicted to my kisses".

At that moment it hit me, that I had sold my soul to the devil and there was no giving back. Because this particular devil smirking at me didn't do refunds. 

......................