Bonus chapter 1: Margherita

"Twenty- four days to go," I said as I crossed off another day on the calendar.

"You know you can be a day or two late; or even early sometimes. I was a month late," Leo pointed out as he decorated our Christmas tree.

I pouted,"I know its just I am too excited for the baby to come," I said placing my hand on my belly. I have gotten quite big over the past few months. It was part of pregnancy but sometimes it would really bum me out when I couldn't fit into my favourite clothes anymore. That's when I would get insecure but Leo would never forget to remind me how beautiful I am. I was so glad to have him by me. These few months has been amazing and difficult sometimes but Leo made it so much better.

It was Christmas eve. Leo was putting finishing touches on our Christmas tree while I sat in front of the fireplace knitting this small sweater for our baby. I wasn't the best at it cause I started learning few months ago but I was getting better at it. Till now I have made a small beanie and a pair of baby socks. I also made another sweater but I messed that up which lead to me having a mental breakdown over it. These days I would start bawling over the most insignificant things and Leo had to put up with all of it.

"Where are you going?" he asked after seeing me get up from the couch.

"To pee of course," I said. I had to go to the bathroom at least five hundred times a day.

"Oh okay. Make sure you don't open the door to receive the food. I will. It's snowing outside, I don't want you to catch a cold."

"Babe I will perhaps stand in front of the door for a minute or two. That will not do anything to me."

"Nuh uh. I just wanna be extra careful."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you say."

"Hey! If I have to put up with your pineapple pizza craving you gotta listen to what I tell you."

"Pineapple on pizza is delicious by the way," I said defensively. I usually hate pineapples on my pizza so does Leo, in fact our restaurant didn't have that option on the menu but after getting pregnant I started craving for it and I couldn't stop after that. Leo hates it but honestly it isn't that bad. He is praying that I get over this soon because as an Italian he is ashamed of me. According to him, I have bought disgrace to this family.

He gasped,"Don't say such sinful things in front of me. Go pee!"

I threw him a dirty look and went to the bathroom. Before I could sit I felt a gush of liquid trail down my thighs. Did I pee in my pants? Panicking, I looked down to see there is liquid all over the floor. Shit my water broke.

.................

We open the door to see the delivery boy holding the food parcel as he played games on his phone,"That will be ninet-."

"Move! Don't you see we are going to have a baby. We need to rush to the hospital as soon as possible," Leo cried out almost giving the poor delivery boy a heart attack as he was too startled by his screaming.

"Calm down Leo. I am fine,"I assured him. Till now I haven't felt any pain or anything. "Stop!" I cried out.

"What? Babe you okay?" he asked looking concerned.

"Can we take the pizza with us? I promise I will finish it before we reach there."

He rolled his eyes, "Oh my god woman! Sometimes I feel like you love pizza more than me."

"But I do," He sighed leaving me inside the car to pay the delivery guy.

Once we got the pizza we drove to the hospital. We took our time to get ready as we didn't even have a hospital bag packed because we were not prepared for this. The baby was supposed to come almost a month later but I was trying not to freak out.