10: Capsicum

Chapter 10: Capsicum

His lips were soft and tentative on mine, I was hesitant at first, more than willing to back away. But then he licked my lips seeking entrance, I was lost in a trance. My hands finding its way into his hair, pulling him closer I deepened the kiss.

I can hear the sounds of cheering-gasping but we didn't care. He finally backed away smiling, looking at me with those blue oceanic eyes which held a glint of mischief. "One of the best and thanks for my phone!" He said producing his phone in front of me.

There was a feeling of Deja vu. That asshole knew how to rile me up. Before I could say anything, we were interrupted by Jules. She was glaring at us, her looks could kill. It was quite obvious that she was trying to contain her emotions. Walking up to her locker, she just got some books out of her locker,slamming it loudly she walked away.
Everyone was watching her each move, I caught Hailey staring at us, her eyes wide, jaw literally dropping on the floor. "I will explain to you later", I mouthed to her. She just nodded, still baffled by the whole ordeal.

On the other hand, Leo was enjoying every bit of it, the smug look on his face was a dead giveaway of that. He kissed me again on the cheeks, "Babe let's go". He pulled away from the crowd, I refrained myself from saying anything because I didn't want to create any scene. I just complied following him.

.....................

"YOU ASSHOLE! Why did you kiss me?" I questioned Leo when we were a few miles away from school.

"Princess don't deny it. You kissed me back!"

That was quite true. But I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of that. "You didn't need to make a scene out there!" I reasoned.

"Well I had to or else you weren't planning to give me back my phone!" He countered. "And I love my phone just like you love your pizza", he winked at me.Again, I had a strong sense of deja vu surging through me. Dammit he knows how to irk me in the right way.

Before I could say anything, he pinned me against the locker and kissed me again. This time it was a small peck on the lips which was enough to drive me crazy. Damn his kisses are addictive.

"Leo-", I was about to chide him but then I saw the familiar face of Jules in front of me. Leo turned around to see Jules seething, her jaw clenched.

"I guess I will see you babe", Leo placed a hand in my cheek, "Stay strong", he whispered. Then he picked up his bag from the floor and left, leaving me and Jules alone.

Ignoring Jules I collected my books and strided off to my class which I had with George.

"Damn girl you have been kissing that fine piece of meat lot", George quipped as I took a seat beside him.

"I didn't kiss a piece of steak G. Stop calling him that", I countered taking out my books. I can hear people whispering about me, giving me looks which I was trying my best not to care.

"So is it true? You and Mr. Sex on Legs..", George trailed off.

"No we are not G! Where did you hear that?"

"People have been saying a lot of stuff Em. I just wanna know it from you. What's going on between you and Arsen?"

I sighed. I didn't even know what was going on between us. We are arch rivals who share addictive playful kisses at times? I refrained myself from saying that. "I will tell you what's the deal between us if you tell me what going on between you and Sebastian".

George grimaced his demeanor immediately getting tense. "Nothing", he answered looking in front.

"Are you sure?" I prodded.

"Yeah", George was acting hostile about this Sebastian situation. There was definitely something going on which was irking George a lot.

Before I could prod him anymore, the teacher entered the class and unfortunately we couldn't talk any further about this.

....................

"Hailey stop please listen to me", I cried out while I was chasing Hailey.

"I am in a hurry Em", Hailey countered walking faster. I increased my pace but my small legs couldn't keep up with her.

"Hailey just listen to me for a minute!"

Hailey fianlly stopped I realized we were in front of her locker, she started taking out books for her locker. "What?" She asked impatiently not looking at me.

"I am sorry for not telling you earlier", I was out of breath from too much chasing but Hailey didn't seemed to be bothered by this. I made a note to myself to exercise which I end up procrastinating about a lot.

"Well why now? You don't even seem to have time for me these days!" She said looking hurt. She was right with my growing pile of homework and living with a smug delinquent I didn't actually have a lot of time to spare these days.

"I am sorry Hailey. I was just busy these days. How can I make it up to you?"

She finally looked at me, thinking for a minute. "Sleepover at my place today. No excuses".

"Okay", I agreed happily to it.

.....................

"What do you want for dinner?" Leo asked. He was leaning against my doorframe, watching me get ready for  the sleepover at Hailey's house.

"Order whatever you want. I ain't staying for dinner", I answered back while I stuffed some pyjamas in my gym bag.

"Why? Where are you going?"

"To Hailey's place. For a sleepover".

"Cute. That means do I get the place to myself?" He asked.

"Yes but if you try to pull something while I am away I am calling my mom. And I would love to see her kick you out of this house".

"Keep on dreaming princess. I wasn't planning anything. You go have your cute little sleepover".

I rolled my eyes. Picking up my bag I headed downstairs, I was already dressed since I didn't put much effort into it.

"I would have kissed you goodbye princess but that is reserved for times when I want something out of you", I shot him a glare while he winked back at me.

.................

"So are you and Leo....".

"No! We don't have anything going on between us".

"Then why did he kiss you?"

"Because I took his phone away from him and he wanted it back".

"That's what you did with the pizza-", Hailey laughed.

"Yeah", I said looking annoyed.

"And surprisingly Jules is always around. Not that I am complaining".

Then something clicked in my mind. Of course he didn't kiss me just to get his phone. I was going to return it to him anyways."He did that on purpose in front of her just to irk her", I cried out realizing it.

"Oh my god yes! Why didn't we figure that out".

"That day when Leo wanted to confront Jules I told him not to do anything about it. Of course he had to come up with this".

"But if you guys end up dating I would  totally love that!"

"Hailey I hate that guy! He's nothing but trouble", I said grimacing. I can't believe my best friend was shipping me with that asshole.

"Then you guys should kiss often. That ought to make Jules lose her mind every time".

"Hailey! You are evil!"

She laughed. "Well I personally think that's a good idea".

.............

I am sorry for the late update! Will try to update more often in December! :)