38: Provolone

Chapter 38: Provolone

"Jingle bell...... rohs...", someone sang from behind. I got up, my heart beating so fast that it could jump right out of my chest.Wasn't this the song George was singing at the party?

Holding a baseball bat, Hailey looked regretfully at me. "HAILEY?" I cried out.

"OH MY GOD", She screamed seeing Leo's unconscious body lying on the floor. "Oh my god! What did I do?" Everything was happening so fast that it was blur to me.

"Leo! LEO! Wake up!" I said kneeling down placing his head on my lap.

"Fetch me some water right now!" I ordered Hailey who was still in shock.

Tears were streaming down my face, if Leo doesn't wake up I won't forgive myself for this. She dropped the bat on the floor and immediately went to the kitchen to fetch me some water. After splashing water on his face, Leo began to stir.

"Emma.... what... happened?" Leo said.

"Oh my god you are alive!" I kissed him on the lips briefly. "Let me take you to the hospital".

"No, please..... I am okay", Leo said slowly getting up but he felt dizzy so I had to hold him up.

"No you are definitely not okay. I am calling the doctor home, then. You need to rest", Hailey and I both helped Leo get upstairs to his room, that's when I noticed George on my couch, probably drunk and singing," Dancing n pasy.... in jingle belllll swaahhh in the frostyyy aaaaaa".

...........

"Em, relax. Everything's okay now", Hailey said to calm me down. I've been prancing around the room for the last two hours. Leo's doing fine now, but I decided to stay up late in case he needs anything. Besides I need to wake him up every two hours so that he doesn't fall unconscious again.

"No its not. Care to explain why you had a sudden urge to hit Leo with a baseball bat? And why is George drunk or even why did you guys show up at my place at this ungodly hour without even informing me?" I didn't have a problem with them showing at my place like this before but today it irked me.

"After you guys left George and Sebastian got into a fight.They probably broke up.  Sebastian left in a sour mood , George got really drunk. I thought it was a bad idea to leave George alone at his place and I couldn't take him to my place since I didn't want my parents to find out there was alcohol at the party after seeing George's condition. When we got to your house I noticed, your bell isn't working so we knocked on the door but no one was opening it. We heard weird noises like you were trying to resist someone- I started panicking since Leo told me about someone sending you roses covered with blood. And I thought Andrew was back to get you. So upon turning the knob I found the main door open which confirmed my suspicion even more. I grabbed the nearest object which was a baseball bat that I found leaning on the wall beside the main door. Without thinking I struck it on Leo's head who was on top of you", Hailey explained.

Okay everything was making sense now. I was actually telling him to stop tickling me but Hailey might have misunderstood my pleas for something else.

"Wait Leo told you about the rose incident?" I asked.

"Mhmm. He asked me if he knows who that can be since you were worried".

"What did you tell him?" I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to that since I was afraid that Leo might get to know the truth.

"Don't worry. I didn't tell him anything. But... Em how long are you planning to hide this?"

"My whole life. I don't want to talk about it", I said tersely.