32: Rotisserie Chicken

Chapter 32: Rotisserie Chicken

"Happy birthday to you...", everyone sang in unison.George, Hailey, Derek, Josh and even Sebastian was here. Overwhelmed and surprised, I couldn't suppress my emotions, I was grinning ear to ear and I had tears in my eyes. Of course they were tears of joy.

"Happy birthday princess", Leo whispered in my ear.

Hailey was carrying a cake. The cake was beautifully decorated with the words,"Happy Birthday Pizza Girl!" written on it. I was touched by the gesture. "Make a wish!" Hailey said smiling at me.

I blew the candles and cut the cake, feeding Hailey the first slice. Then I took turns feeding cake to everyone.

"I am sorry but I just have to do this", before I could react Leo took some icing of the cake and applied it on my cheeks. "There much better. The highlight from the icing looks good on you", he said grinning at me.

Of course he's still an asshole. I took some icing from the cake and lathered it in my hand,"I think you are in dire need of some moisturiser".

"Oh I am so recording this!" Josh laughed bringing out his phone to record the whole thing.

"Oh no you are not going to do that", he said backing away.

"Of course I will", with that I ran towards him. I didn't realize but we both ended up tripping over the sofa, with me being on top of Leo. I knew I was in an awkward position but I didn't care as I finally got him. I applied the icing on his face while everyone laughed and cheered on,"That's much better", I said smirking at him.

"Happy birthday to my girl!" I heard someone from behind me sing. I swiftly turned around almost dislocating my neck. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was my mom. My mom standing in front of me carrying a cake in her hand. I get to see my mom after so many months!

"Mom!" I yell in excitement. But she wasn't excited to see me as I was. She was looking at me with a startled look on her face.

"Uhh you might want to get up from me princess", Leo said blushing. Just then I realized what an awkward position we are in. To someone entering the room this might look really strange and not to mention they can get the wrong idea. Like my mom.

I got up immediately. "I swear I wasn't recording an R-rated flim Mrs. Justice", Josh said defending himself. I wanted to facepalm myself.

My mom instantly recovered. "Happy birthday Emma!" She said again, smiling at me.

I went up to hug her, "Is that a pizza cake?" I asked gleefully. My birthday just couldn't get any better.

"Uh huh. Leo and I baked it for you. In fact you should thank Leo, he is the one who planned everything. He also brought me here", she said looking at Leo.

Leo was scratching his head, his cheeks redder than the cherry tomatoes on the pizza,"Uhh I got a lot of help from June and the others too", he said referring to our other friends.

"Oh please I just had to make a Pinterest board. You did everything", Hailey said.

"Aww is our little Leonardo Arsen blushing?" Josh teased.

"Shut up", Leo snapped.

"Don't try to be modest. I just arrived this morning. I am sorry he had to get you out of the house dear, I was already inside the house and we wanted everything to be a surprise. In fact Leo stayed up all night to finish baking your cake so that you don't get any hint of it".

I was speechless. I didn't have anything to say. I look around to observe the decorations around me, starting from the mini pizza tarts to the Harry potter themed candles hanging from the roof were all done by him. It looked something out of Pinterest and I was more than impressed by it, I was awed.