Back story

Tris's POV
I lay in Tobias's arms. I should have expected it. Nothing ever goes right. I had just thought that magbe, just once, this would.
The feeling of being wraps up against his sleeping body makes me feel safe. The rokn door opens, revealing our friends and my parents. They don't wake Tobias though. He seemed to be more a mess than me last night. I give my mom a weak smile.
"It'll be okay," She whispers. My dads are are fixed on the way Tobias is holding me. I remember going into their room sometimes and seeing my dad alseep with my mom in his arms like this. Being Abnegation and never seeing your parents do nothing but hold hands, that was an eye opener.
"Tris," I hear Tobias say. I look up and see him looking at me. I force a smile then look back to my parents. "Do you want to have a moment alone with them?" He asks me. I slowly nod. He gets up, motioning for our friends to follow.
Once the door is closed my dad rushes over. He pulls me into his arms. I cling to him as if he's the last thing I'll ever hold on to. "Daddy, the ba-"
"I know hunny," he says, soothing down my hair. I pull away from him and look at my mom.
"Please don't be mad at Four for this though," she says. My brows knit together in confusion.
"Why would I be mad at him for this? Its neither of our faults," I say. My parents look at each other. "Please. What happened??"
"You were dying. So was the baby. It was either you, or the baby. They couldn't save you both. They made Tobias choose. He choose you. That mans love for you is extraordinary," my dad says.
They made him choose between me- his wife- and his daughter. Thats just cruel. I'm not mad at him though.
"I'm not mad at him for that," I say. They nod and kiss my forehead. I'm gonna miss them when they have to go back to Abnegation.
Tobias comes back in as soon as my parents leave the room. He grabs my hand. "I'm sorry that they made you choose. You shouldn't of had to do that," I say. His eyes get watery. There is a pink soft, fluffy blanket in his hand. The one we had got when we found out it was a girl.
"No man should ever have to choose that," he says. I nod. "She's never going to get to wear this. Or anything. She won't ever me in my arms- the safest place she could ever be. She won't ever get to walk her first steps," he says. He's now crying. He's doing this to himself. "She won't ever get to do any of that because she's not here. Tris, I feel like I killed her. Our child. My baby girl. I feel like I killed her," he admits.
"You didn't. We don't know what would've happened. We can try again another time," I say. He shakes his head.
"You being pregnant is too much of a risk now. I want kids with you. I do. But its hard. I almost lost you," he says. I nod my head. He pulls me to him. The last thing that crosses my mind is Thana Natalie Eaton.