2.

The results would be out next Saturday, meaning one whole week under pressure. When we got back home Sarah explained everything to my parents, who were certainly mad at me for what I'd done...

"Jesus, Mel, what were you thinking about?" They yelled.

"Mom, she had nothing to do with this!" Sarah tried to protect me.

My dad rose and left the room with a wince. Oh I knew I was in trouble.

"Sarah, what are we going to do now if you actually pass?" My mom continued.

"It's easy," Sarah answered, "Mel will go to Law School."

My mom sighed, "But they have your ID picture!"

"We'll just say it was a mistake, after all, the computer lady changed everything except that picture." My sister cleared.

"Don't you think she'll notice?" My mom squealed.

I raised my hand trying to calm down the scene, "Look, we don't even know if Sarah got selected so could we please leave it?"

"We'll definitely talk about this, not now, but we will." My mom told us leaving the room and following the steps my dad had taken.

I turned my head to face Sarah, "Holy crap, Sarah, what have we done?" I mumbled.

She smiled, "Everything is gonna be alright, you'll see. I got everything under control."

I sighed at the fact my little sister was actually leading the situation, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. After all, she's the family's smartass.

---

"Wait, WHAT?" Gina yelled with amusement.

I lowered my head with embarassement, the whole school was now looking at us. I opened my locker as fast as I could and stuffed everything inside, including half of myself.

"Could you please not yell?" I muttered eyeing the corridor, as soon as I saw everyone had forgot about what had just happened and continued their ways I closed the locker's door again and crossed my arms.

"Well, what you did is pretty crazy, I think I get the right to yell." She grinned. Gina had big blue eyes and dark hair always braided, her skin was pale but she had lots of freckles adorning it. I've always wanted to have freckles...

"Jesus, Gina! It wasn't my idea, it's all about my sister and her super intelligent brain," I mumbled.

"Wait, she skipped a grade, didn't she? Isn't she a sophomore now?" Gina asked me.

I looked asides with a wince, "Yup. Wouldn't it be weird, if like, everyone around you were way older than you?"

"Hell yeah." Gina nodded. "Aren't you supposed to be in History class now, by the way?"

"Yeah but it's at..." I took a glance at my watch. "Fuck, I'm late! I'll see you at lunch time!"

----

"And that's how Martin Luther King faught for the rights of all colored people in the U.S." The teacher concluded.

Gina wasn't in History with me but we shared some other classes, she had decided to inmerse into Science while I chose human studies. I sighed with boredom and looked around the class.

In front of me was Jennifer, the school's favorite cheerleader and Queen Bitch. The fact she was sitting right in front of me? I didn't know, what I did know is that she hated me, and I understood that since last year I leaked a video of her ten year old self singing along to Justin Bieber's One Less Lonely Girl after she hit on my (now) exboyfriend Drew.

Anyways, those were old Junior times and I wouldn't let her ruin my senior year.

Sitting behind me, my good friend Hunter. Friends since we could barely even talk. He's my best friend along with Gina, he used to attend another high school just a few blocks away ours. He was its quarterback and most popular guy ever back in his old school. It was bad luck that that position is already taken here in EM High.

Richest, hottest, most popular and football team's quarterback, named James. Wherever he goes, he has at least 10 girls drooling behind him. But he isn't my type, at all. We're friends though, kind of. I mean, he's not that of a bad guy. He's somehow kind and caring, but that's all.

As soon as the bell rang I turned around to face Hunter. His chocolate brown eyes glanced at mine letting out a little smile. He passed a hand through his messy blond hair and stared at me until I started talking.

"It's monday. Pizza at Gina's. You're in, right?" I told him.

"Yup, but it's football's season start. We have practice until 6PM. What's your curfew on Monday?" He asked me furrowing his eyebrows.

I sighed, "I don't know, 10:30PM I guess? I mean, it's totally fine you can always come over when you finish practice."

Hunter plays as quarterback for CN High. Basically our all-time-football-enemy. He played there before changing schools and he didn't want to leave his team so he stayed there.

I've never gone seen him play, oh what a bad friend I am... But I actually find football really interesting, I might go to the final or something...

----

"What did Hunter say? I haven't seen him in all day..." Gina muttered.

I stuffed my books inside my backpack and threw it to my back, "Practice. He'll come a bit later than usual."

Gina nodded while we walked to her car, "So, I thought we could watch Pretty In Pink, what do you say?"

I stopped walking, "Again? Gina you know I love that movie but... seriously, we've watched it like 20 times and Hunter doesn't really like it."

Gina rolled her eyes, "Alright, we'll decide later. C'mon, hop in!" She told me from the inside of the car.

----

It was 6:15PM, Hunter would arrive eventually. The pizza was ready, the popcorn was ready, the movie, Limitless, was ready... Everything was on point. Except Hunter.

Ding dong.

"It's probably Hunter, I'll go open the door." I told Gina, who was already sitting on the couch and stuffing a bunch of popcorn on her mouth.

When I opened the door I froze. I could see Hunter waving at me, but next to him was... Scott, the college boy. Who was as shocked as I was.

"Uh, hey." I said awkwardly.

Hunter smiled, "This is my friend Scott. I invited him 'cause he had nothing to do tonight, hope it doesn't bother Gina." Hunter walked by me and entered the living room where Gina was. Yet there I was, still holding the door, eyeing Scott who was still standing outside. He didn't look surprised at all.

"You gonna let me in, Mel?" He asked with a little smirk.

I shook my head gently trying to assimilate what had just happened, "Yeah, sure..."

Author's note
So heyy!! You didn't see that one coming right? :) gotcha!!!!!
Keep reading, love ya.

VOTE

COMMENT

SEE YOU SOON!