15.

I couldn't stop thinking about him and about what I've heard from those girls last week. They had talked about how Scott had been in many fights with the Yakuza. I still couldn't believe that he could possibly have something to do with a mafia. But after a few days about thinking about it, it actually made sense.

He didn't have any friends now. Just Lisa. Maybe he did have a gang last year. And maybe he did get in trouble. Maybe that's why he saw them no more. Or at least that's what he had told me the first time I went to his house.

I don't have anyone else. He told me then. And I believed him.

That afternoon I decided to go online and search for some more information about the kidnap and its situation. But there was no new information. And it felt like there wasn't going to be more for now.

I sighed, the day had been long, I was tired. I had just taken a shower, Sarah was already sleeping. I had a business test the following day and, to be honest, I had not studied at all. But I didn't care too much, Hunter would sit in front of me and let me copy from his test, after all.

My wet hair was now starting to bug me, it had soaked my pyjama shirt completely. I rose with a groan from the bed and walked to the bathroom to get a towel and wrap my hair in it. When I got there I distinguished my phone in the middle of a mountain of make-up.

"There you are!" I whispered to myself. After taking the shower I had completely lost track of where I had put it. 

I grabbed it with a triumphant smile and unlocked it quickly as I took out a towel from the little wooden closet.

Scott: you busy tomorrow night??

Oh, well.

I surrounded my hair with the towel so It wouldn't make my clothes wet and ran back to my bedroom.

As soon as I got there I let myself fall on top of the soft bed and smiled at Scott's message.

Me: I can cancel them..

I replied attempting to sound busy.

Scott: For me??

He replied instantly. I laughed silently and locked my phone, I'd reply next morning. That way he would have to wait for my answer for a longer time, which meant that he'd think about me for a while.

I turned off the lights and fell asleep with a light smile plastered on my face.

--

"I'm late, mom! I'll eat something at school, I promise!" I yelled while opening the front door.

"You're always late, Mel!" I heard her mutter from the distance. I rolled my eyes at her comment and grabbed my car keys from the entrance desk.

I closed the door behind me, the cold breeze hit my skin sending chills through my spine. I took a black scarf out of my bag and surrounded my neck with it.

As soon as I crossed the frontyard I distinguished a figure leaning on a Porsche Cayenne across the road.

I tilted my head and stopped walking.