7.

Blah blah blah
-Blah blah blah

"How was it?" My sister asked me the next morning while we were having breakfast.

"Our school lost..." I told her with a smirk, I knew she wanted to know more about the party, not the game.

She crossed her arms, "Mel, you know what I mean!"

I laughed silently, "It was good, It was good..."

She stared at me blankly, as if she wasn't believing what I just said, "It was good?" She repeated, "I need details, Mel!"

As I looked at her I realized how much we looked alike, her brown hair fell like a waterfall in front of her shoulders, her hazel eyes looking at me with curiosity and a glimpse of excitement, and her freckles... adorning her nose and cheeks, those I didn't have.

"Yes, Sarah... Scott was there," I held my index finger in the air gesturing for her to wait, "And yes, Sarah, we talked and we danced. But no, Sarah, we didn't kiss."

She sighed in annoyance and rested her head on her hand while with the other she finished her cereal, "Boooring!"

I rolled my eyes at her immaturity, just then I remembered Jim and Federico from last night. And if they were indeed Sophomores as Scott had told me then they where most probably in some of Sarah's classes.

"Sarah... do you know anyone in your class called Jim or Federico?" I asked her looking away.

She nodded in a confused way, "Yeah, they're both in most of my classes, why?" She furrowed her eyebrows, "Wait! Were they at the party? Oh my god! I could've gone too!"

"No! Just because you're a Sophomore doesn't mean you have to act like one! Remember you're one year younger!" I reminded her.

"Ugh!" She pressed her lips trying to hide her anger, then she stood up grabbed her plate and walked away leaving me all alone in the kitchen.

I sighed loudly and got my phone out of my pocket. When I unlocked it I saw some unread messages from Scott, from last night. My phone had died halfway through the game, that meant I didn't use it at all in the party. When I got home that night charging it was the first thing I did, but I hadn't checked any notifications until now.

Scott: Where are you?? 12:34AM

Scott: Are you at the party? 1:14AM

Scott: Hello hello hello????? 1:15AM

Scott: Thank you for an awesome night! It was great seeing you:) are you doing something tomorrow? 11:24AM

I quickly checked the time in my phone, it was 11:30AM, he had just texted.

Me: Mhh... I don't think so, why??

I locked my phone and put it in my pocket once again. The butterflies in my stomach woke up and so did my anxiety for his response. But I had to act tough, hard-to-get, I'm not an easy girl.

But wait... he had a girlfriend. This wasn't right. And he was a millionaire! Dang, Mel... A millionaire had just asked me out! I'm not rich, to be honest. But I'm not poor either, my family can afford some family trips now and then but not too much. Nothing out of the country.
How am I supposed to act around him? How am I supposed to dress? How do I talk to him?

Ping.

I had just received a text message. I breathed deeply while taking the phone out of my pocket. Just before unlocking it I realized how much I was overreacting. It really wasn't such of a big deal yet I was making it look like if it was some sort of Romeo and Juliet forbidden love.

Scott: I was thinking about chilling and watching some movies at my house with Hunter and Gina?? My parents have been out for business all week and they come back on Tuesday so...

That was actually great! More than great! Chilling at a millionaire's house? I'm in.

Me: Wow, yes, I'd love to!! What time??

Scott: You can come like around 5? I'll send u the location later

Me: Perfect!!

I held my phone in my hands and smiled widely. I had to tell this to someone, my first reaction was to call Gina.

"Gina! Scott invited us to his house tomorrow!" I yelled as soon as she picked up.

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down girl! What?" She said trying to calm me down.

I bit my lip trying to hide my excitement, "He said we could come over to his house tomorrow to watch a movie and chill."

"And chill?" I could sense the sarcasm in her voice tone.

I chuckled, "Yeah."

"Are you sure he wants to invite me? I mean... it pretty much sounds like a date," She mocked.

I blushed slightly, "Gods, Gina! He has a girlfriend!"

"Then why are you so excited?" She asked me without understanding.

I then realized the situation. Why was I so excited? I repeat, he has a girlfriend, it's not like I'm going to... I don't know, alright? I just want to get to know him better. And he doesn't even like his girlfriend, I mean, I know it doesn't sound right but I wouldn't care if we... anyways... let's go back to the story.

"I don't know, Gina... I guess I really feel some sort of connection with him, I really do," I told her honestly.

I heard her sight from the other side of the phone, "Just try getting to know him better. For now, I can assure you he's totally into you. That talk you had yesterday in the kitchen, him telling you he didn't like his girlfriend? That's another way to say: I'm single baby, and ready to mingle!"

I laughed loudly and covered my mouth, looking around me to make sure no one heard that. Gina was something else...

"Yeah, I get it," I said sarcastically.

Suddenly, my phone started buzzing and the screen lighted up.

"Uh... Gina, I'm going to hang up now, okay? I have another call," I told her confused, still staring at the name in the screen, wondering what he would want to tell me.

"Hey Scott," I said.

A few seconds of silence before he answered, "Something happened. They just called me. I don't even know why I called you. I guess you're the person with who I feel more comfortable talking, right now. I don't know what to do. Everything around me is moving and I-"

His breath was heavy and fast, his voice was trembling, what was going on?

"Scott, hey, hey, what's going on? You can tell me, alright? I'm here for you," I told him without really thinking about what I was saying.

"My parents... on their business trip, they have been kidnapped," He managed to say.

I brang my hand to my mouth, "Where are you right now?"