36.

"Good morning to you too," I said faking a smile. 

"So, when should we hang out again?" Remus asked me with a smirk.

I opened my eyes and dropped his gaze, drawing it back to the bar. "Uh, I don't know."

"Ooh," He whistled excitedly. "You want me to surprise you, don't ya?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at his words. "What part of I don't know made you think that?"

He bit his lip right before he winked at me. "You know..."

In that moment, I was the personification of incredulousity. "No. I don't know."

"Ah," He sighed. "You're funny today. I like funny."

I scrunched my face for the umpteenth time. "You're being extremely weird today. I dislike extremely weird."

"Your coffee is ready," He announced simply, making me focus back on my order.

I nodded shakily at the girl who had served me as I handed her some cash. When she gave me back the change I turned around towards Remusonce again.

"What do you want from me, Remus?" I shouted, losing my patience completely. 

"Your sweet company. Why are you mad at me?" 

I then noticed his furrowed brows, his lost gaze and shaky lip. I felt bad for the way I had snapped at him. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, reminding myself he had done nothing wrong, I was the one who had just chosen to destroy the sane bits of my life that were left. And one of them was him. My charming Remus, always by my side when I needed someone to cheer me up. 

"I'm sorry..." I let out with sincerity. I threw my hand at his and grabbed in an apologetic way, I then grabbed it tighter and pulled it so that he'd follow me as I started to walk outside. 

"Okay, so what's going on?" He hissed when we finally got out. 

"Oh, Remus..." I started, my hand caressing his arm, then his shoulder, until it landed on top of his chest. His face was expresionless as I continued to look down at the floor. 

"You're kinda freaking me out here."

I sighed for the last time. "Look... you know how you told me you'd wait until I was ready?"

"Uh-huh?" He mumbled in confusion.

"Well I'm ready. But, not to go out with you."

I looked up scared of what I would find.

"I don't follow." He declared shaking his head, his voice becoming a little husky as he swallowed.

"I got back with my ex, er... Well, not really an ex... But—"

He took a step backwards immediately, I can't deny it hurt to see him avoid my touch like that.

"You got back with him? With the guy who supposedly hurt you so damn much you couldn't bare the idea of dating other guys?" He yelled, startling some people who were walking by. I reached for his arm in order to calm him down, but it was too late.

"How the hell did this happen? And how could you do this to me?"

"Look, I didn't know it would turn out like this, trust me. But we met again the other day and I just felt like—"

He shook his head and held his palm in front of me. "I don't want to hear it, Melissa."

"I understand..." I muttered. "But please, can we at least be friends?"