19.

"Home, sweet home." He singsonged as we entered the house.

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I'm tired. I have a History test tomorrow, if you could just let me sleep —"

"Oh, come on!" He complained. "Don't be such a party pooper!"

"What do you recommend we do, then?" I said faking a sleepy face.

"I said bring a swimsuit for a reason."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Right.

"Hot tub." He whispered suggestively.

I grinned. "But it's like 2AM, Scott..."

"I can even help you study for your test. Please." He begged.

I pressed my lips. That's when it hit me, it was the perfect time for me to ask him about his past.

"Sure. Then I'll be right back."

I stared at my figure in the mirror, it returned me the image of an insecure young lady who hadn't had the guts to overcome her ex-boyfriend's last insult.

"You ugly fat bastard, you'll come back to me! They always do, ugly fat girls I mean. Ugh! You repel me!" Was was he said after I told him I couldn't continue bearing with him and all his fights over nothing.

The girl in the mirror looked at me with sad eyes. What happened to that confident girl who thought she could even make Mr. Thomas, our surprisingly hot math teacher, fall in love with her? Where was that girl now?

It had been such a long time since I hadn't worn a swimsuit, I didn't even remember the feeling. Too long. Since the break up. The break up, at his lake house. Under the shade of the porch, enjoying our hand made piñas coladas. That was the thing.

A lake house, cocktails, luxury, him. But no love whatsoever. Or anything near that.

I sighed as I covered my body in a towel, slowly walking back to the living room. My bare feet feeling cold against the marble floor.

"There you are," He said while turning around, revealing a healthy fit body, better than my ex's Nate, definitely. The kind of body girls aged thirteen would drool over yet girls my age would just pray for it to be real.

I hid my gasp by awkwardly scratching my chin. "It feels weird to be naked indoors."

He laughed at my sudden comment. I would've laughed too, it was stupid. I was stupid. He made me feel stupid.

"I know, it's an uncomfortable feeling," He winced. "Follow me."

The tower hanging from his shoulder waved side to side as he walked. We reached the backyard, it was crazy cold outside.
I distinguished the appetizing steam coming out of the hot tub in the distance. It was even pleasing to see.

When we got to the tub my skin was begging to feel anything that could warm it. Scott submerged the tips of his fingers in the water.

He closed his eyes and smiled. "Just perfect."

I watched as he got inside, with his eyes closed, enjoying the warmth of the water. Yet there I was, standing in the middle of the yard, feeling the grass's humid mud underneath my feet, incapable of letting my towel go.

"You comin'?" He asked me once he noticed I had no intention in joining him.

I forced a smile. "Uh... just a second," I managed to mutter. I looked at the towel surrounding me once again, my shield. Protecting me from whatever anyone could ever think of me or my body. I turned my gaze back to Scott before deciding what to do. Surprisingly, I found him staring at me worriedly.