38.

"It's not anonymous."

"Yes, it is. I signed it as Anon!"

"Scott. Signing it as Anon doesn't mean people won't know who you are. Specially if you mention my parents' kidnapper in the letter!"

He arched an eyebrow at me in complete silence.

"Shit." 

I laughed as he passed an arm around my shoulders. "What would I do without you?"

"Probably... get exposed?" I suggested ironically, my comment only made his arm tighten around me even more. I fought softly against him but gave up quick, I wanted him to hold me.

"So, when should we send it?" I asked him with soothing words, knowing the subject made him nervous. 

"Well..." He deepened his hand in my hair messing it slowly. "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow, hmm..." I repeated in a mumble, closing my eyes partly as I felt the pleasure of his steady movements in the back of my head. Why do people pay for massages? Just get a boyfriend. 

"At least I got my contacts. Can you imagine when the president reads it?" He asked me, a clear sparkle in his eyes. 

"Oh, President Karen Griffin will save us all!" I exclaimed.

"Don't be sassy."

"I'm not being sassy."

"Are you jealous?" He said with a pout.

I turned around in the bed to face him, he pulled his hand away from me.

"Jealous?" I pointed at my chest as his eyebrows raised, forming little wrinkles on his forehead. "What is she, fourty?"

"Thirty-six. But age doesn't matter. You're jealous, she's the first woman to be U.S President, and the youngest. And she's gorgeous." He added with a little smirk.

I looked away. "I didn't know you were so interested in her. Maybe you should've gone out with Karen instead of me."

"Oh, honey..." He muttered as he reached out for me. I didn't show any resistance when he practically jumped over me, instead, I emited an awkward chuckle.

"Oh, and by the way, my lawyer called this morning. I got all my money back from the Burrows'."

"You did?" I repeated surprised. "Was it really that easy? It's been... what? Four days?"

He grinned. "Yeah, well... You know Phil."

I opened my eyes wide. "Phil? As in Phil Sherrinford. That's your lawyer? But he teaches Business!"

"Law is business, after all."

I nodded at his affirmation. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks, Mel. For everything."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"If it wasn't for you..." He dropped my gaze.

"Hey," I muttered softly, reaching for his hand. "You don't need me to keep going. You just needed a little push, that's it. You're doing fine, you were doing fine before all this mess."

"I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for this mess. I'm not saying I'm grateful for it, but my parents being away, finding myself alone... I realized who I really was and what I truly wanted."

"And what would that be?"

He smirked. "You, of course, dummy."

_