24.

"How come no one knows about this? You should've called the police!" Nic had been all morning asking me about my past relationship with Scott, as it had come as a total shock to her, I couldn't help but answer all of her questions.

I had just told her everything about the apparent kidnap, how it had all been a lie. And the only people who knew about it were Scott and I, and Nicole now.

"They would've killed Scott's parents."

Nic sighed loudly. "Your life's a mess."

I laughed bitterly and corrected her. "My life was a mess."

She arched an eyebrow in denial. "It still is. You dig an engaged guy who's about to marry the daughter of a psychopath."

"I don't dig him, alright?" I insisted. "He's not a part of my life anymore."

"He's your neighbor," She inquired.

I crossed my arms in annoyance. "Go back to your room!"

She laughed loudly and poked my shoulder playfully. I scrunched my nose and covered myself up with the white duvet, groaning so she would go away.

"Alright! I'll leave you alone now," She said finally. "By the way, someone's calling you."

When she left the room I uncovered myself and checked my phone knowing I would have probably missed a call from my mom. But I was wrong, it was an unknown number. I furrowed my eyebrows, who could it be? I decided to call back, hoping that the person who had called me would pick up.

"Melissa!!" A familiar male voice exclaimed.

"You called me?" I mumbled embarrassed by the fact I didn't recognize the person who had greeted me with such excitement.

"Yeah, yeah. It's Remus, by the way." Then I remembered, last night's twins. "I'm calling because there's this play this evening, at the park, my brother and I... we have a small role on it. We were wondering if you would want to come with your roommate? It's free."

I smiled tenderly as I remembered our conversation last night. Remus had been so much nicer than his brother Romulus, even though they looked exactly the same, I somehow found Remus more attractive than his brother.

"A play? So you're actors?" I asked him. Hmmm, this was interesting.

He laughed silently from the other side of the line. "Nothing like that. We enjoy acting, but that's it! Just a hobby."

"What's the play about?"

"It's a classic. Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet." He said. I arched my eyebrows in surprise, that was one of my favorite books!

"Woah! I love that story!" I rose from the bed and made my way to the small living room. "I'll ask Nicole, I think we're free tonight."

"That's great!" He exclaimed excitedly. "Text me, okay?"

I nodded even though he couldn't see. "Sure!"

"See you!" He said at the same time I hung up.

"Who was that?" I heard Nic's voice behind me. She was sitting in the couch staring at her phone, she had already changed her pajamas.

"Some guy I met yesterday at the party. He just invited us to some play tonight. Fancy Romeo and Juliet at the park?" I pressed my lips hoping for a positive answer.