27.

"It's an ordinary amateur play, Nic! It's not like you have to wear Prada!" I complained from the other side of the the bathroom door.

Nic and I were getting ready to go see Romulus and Remus's play at the park. Even though I had been thinking about not going, the idea of ditching two of who could be my new college best friends just because an old friend I didn't want to see was attending some event near the location made me realize it was pointless.

Scott would be near, that's right. But that didn't necessarily mean I'd have to interact with him, not at all.

"I want to look good, get it? If the Scott Blackstone—"

"OH MY GOD STOP IT!" I interrupted her with a long and very loud yell. She kept herself silent for a couple seconds, then the bathroom door opened slightly revealing half of her face, her brows furrowed.

"I'm sorry." She whispered dropping my gaze. "I always forget..."

I sighed —for like the 8481946th time— and shook my head. "It's okay, Nicole. But please, think before you speak the next time."

A few minutes passed and we were both ready to go, as we headed out of the building I noticed four big suited men wearing black sunglasses walking out of Scott's bank.

I looked at Nic and we both laughed, it kind of looked like they had been teleported from a James Bond movie. I stopped laughing when I noticed someone familiar in the middle of them. Scott.

I grabbed Nic's arm tightly and we fastened our pace until we got to the car.

"Phew!" She muttered once we were inside. "I don't think he saw us, all good."

I pressed my lips in a thin line, cursing the world in my mind. Was Scott planning this? Did he want to hurt me? Why did I have to see him all the time everywhere? Coincidence?

When Nicole understood the reason of my sudden mood swing she placed her hand on my shaking shoulder, which was going up and down uncontrollably as my breaths became faster.

"It's ok—"

"It's not okay!" I jumped. "How am I supposed to survive four years of my life bumping into him everyday? That's not okay!"

"We will figure it o—"

"We won't!" I snapped once again. "He spends most of his day at less than fifty meters than me. He's an engaged man, great Scott!"

"Great Scott!" Nic laughed, bringing me back to reality and making me feel aware of my meaningless sudden panic attack. "That's a good one!"

I laughed a little at her reaction, my breaths became steady.

"Can we leave now? We're already running late..." I mumbled feeling a bit guilty.

Nicole started the car and we headed to the park, it wasn't far away, a short 10 min. ride. When we got to the place the show hadn't started yet, I happily walked between the already sitting down viewers hand in hand with Nicole, looking for the perfect spot to place our blanket and picnic basket.

The play started, Remus noticeably better at acting that his brother Remulus, who played Juliet's father. Remus instead, played Romeo.