18.

"Honey, I said come home before twelve. Not in twelve minutes," My dad laughed as soon as I crossed the door.

My mom instantly elbowed him and sent me a worried look from the couch.

"I'm okay, mom" I complained. "Where's Sarah?"

"She's out with a boy!" She smiled in excitement, instead, my dad rolled his eyes and dropped his gaze back to some book he was reading.

"A boy?" I arched my eyebrows, she hadn't told me any of this. It wasn't like her. "Who?"

"I don't know. But he was cute! And a bit older than her, for sure..."

"What do you mean older? But, wait. How did I not know about this?" I muttered still not understanding.

"She left right after you did, all dressed up and pretty, I figured it had been you who had done her make up. She looked beautiful."

But if I didn't know about this... then who adviced her on what to dress? Who did her make up? My sister never goes out. And with a boy? That's a no, thanks. Also, I didn't know about any crush of hers. Why was my sister keeping secrets from me all of the sudden?

"I bet she did." I said once I got back to reality. "I'll be upstairs. Good night."

"Sweet dreams, love." My mom wished me. But they wouldn't be sweet, not after what had happened with Scott. Suddenly pushing me away? Excusing his actions by saying he wanted to protect me? There was something going on there. Something related to the kidnap. And I wanted to know what it was.

"Hey Mel, it's been ages since we last talked!" Hunter reached me at the corridor. "Yesterday was Monday, you didn't show up!"

That's when I remembered. Pizza at Gina's! How could I forget? With Scott's invitation and the whole Labor Day thing, I had completely forgot it was Monday...

I sighed. "I'm so sorry, Hunt."

"Don't worry," Hunter winced. "I hope it was worth it. It's just we missed you. Scott came over again."

"What?" I jumped.

He furrowed his eyebrows confused at my reaction. "Yeah, remember last Monday when he joined us? Well he really enjoyed the night, I guess. He was a bit late, but whatever... It's great to have a new mate, it's been you girls and myself for a really long time now."

I laughed at his comment but couldn't help but think about Scott going to Gina's right after arguing with me. Did he expect to find me there?

"Did he say anything about me?"

He dropped my gaze focusing on his memories. "Nope." He said finally.

"Oh, okay." I muttered a bit deceived.

"Why, though? Did you guys fall out or...?" He asked curiously.

"You see, Hunt, I really gotta get to History now," I complained faking a smile.

"You're hiding something!" He smiled playfully as I walked away.

Before going to sleep that night I started out of my window looking for Scott's security, but I saw no one. They were either really good at their job or even non existent.

I opened the window, the street was silent. I gazed into the distance, the mountains, Scott's house was somewhere out there. The chilly breeze hit my skin giving me goosebumps. It had been raining that evening, you could smell the wet grass. I breathed deeply a couple of times, slowly thinking about how I had gotten myself into this. Scott Blackstone. The Blackstones.