22.

It had already gone viral. Lisa Burrows was pregnant with Scott Blackstone's baby. Ironic. The two families who had suffered a kidnap were now merging into a single one.

The media wouldn't stop talking about it, what we thought it would be news for the state had soon become to be known in the whole country. Scott had received tons of calls asking him to be interviewed for numerous radio stations and tv channels. It seemed like the world had suddenly left apart whatever was occupying the news at the moment to focus on the pregnancy.

It had definitely boosted Scott's popularity, he was starting to gain followers on social media not only because of the announcement, also because of his looks. Having thousands of girls drool for him now was not helping at all.

For me... everything had changed. After knowing the truth about them I went back to my normal life. My routine. Hunter, Gina, Sarah and my parents were the people I saw most now. Scott had gotten into a second picture, of course I still cared about him, and I obviously still had feelings for him. But I knew it just couldn't be. Fate tried everything to tear us apart, and it worked. I had nothing to do but to support the couple and their new journey.

My parents had finally decided that they would let me take the chance to go to Harvard University next year, I was really looking forward to that since they had offered to pay for my apartment for the first year as Uni would be completely free for me.

Sarah made her relationship with James official. That was big news. I guess some people are meant to be, after all.

Three months passed, I slowly lost touch with Scott, as sad as it made me feel, I knew it was the right thing, and knowing that helped me forget him with ease. Even though I couldn't deny the butterflies in my stomach every time his name was mentioned in the radio or when he appeared in night talk shows. He looked stunning in all of them.

May 23rd was the day of the release, the Blackstone couple were let free after more than five months of reclusion. It was breaking news that it happened the same with the Senator the following day. I didn't pay much attention to the news those days, though. It happened in the middle of my final exams and I didn't want to ruin all my good grades. You could say I totally zoned out of all the Blackstone drama.

My mom didn't help at all, either. She wouldn't stop buying all these gossip magazines, full of pictures of how Lisa's wedding dress would be and articles about Scott's bachelor party. At first, she used to ask me about him from time to time. She gave up after a few weeks of negative answers.

The wedding was supposed to take place September 30th somewhere in the Hamptons meaning they wouldn't cease to appear everywhere at least until that day, as the baby should be born some time before that day. Everyone was excited, and by excited I mean Prince Harry's wedding excited.

It surprised me that Lisa's belly was still unnoticeable being already five months in. My mom said some girls don't really grow a belly because of their complexion or something like that, I didn't believe her.

I graduated, Gina and Hunter did too. They started dating. It happened on prom night. We were supposed to go there the three of us together, but then Hunter confessed. He knocked at my door the morning before prom and told me everything about his feelings for Gina.

He said he had always been in love with her yet only realized the night of that party at Scott's, when they cuddled for the night. I grimaced at the mention of Scott's name.

I knew Gina felt the same way for him, I had always been sure they would end up together but never had the guts to encourage them to go for it. It was my time to encourage them now. I decided not to go to prom that night, excusing myself by telling Hunter it was his night with Gina. But honestly, It felt lame going to prom without a date, I knew Drew would take me out if I asked him to, but I didn't want to go back to that. Not after realizing what being in love truly was, not after Scott. I can't deny he was on my mind that night.