30.

I woke up at my ringtone. Alarmed, I picked up without even checking who the caller was. It was late, or early, in any case, there was no light or whatsoever outside.

"Hello?" I said, trying to sound as alive as possible.

"Fancy a walk?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, I couldn't ignore how tired I was. I was either too sleepy or someone had called the wrong number. Who was this person?

"I'm sorry, who is this?"

The person laughed at the other side of the line. "I should've known you were asleep. You probably just want to go back to it."

"I said who is this?" My voice tone getting louder.

"I forgot how grumpy you are in the mornings."

I sticked out my phone from my ear and checked the number in the screen. A local number, not in my contacts. Also, it was three o'clock in the morning.

"Come on..." I said with a groan, I knew I had heard his voice somewhere else. But when it's three in the morning, I couldn't have even recognized my dad's voice. That being thought of...!!!

"Dad?"

"Wow. Not yet, baby, it's still to soon for that." More laughing.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm getting tired. I'm hanging up."

And so I did, cutting the male at the other side of the phone completely. I fell back to sleep in a blink of an eye, this time activating the silent mode on my phone.

"Who were you yelling at yesterday night?" Nic asked me while we had breakfast.

"What do you mean yelling?" I questioned, forgetting about the mysterious phone call.

"You kept saying who is this, who is this. I got worried, I was about to go check up on you but you stopped suddenly." That's when I remembered. A blurry memory in my mind. So... it hadn't been a dream? The memory had surely faded into one.

"I... don't know." I rubbed my forehead. "I think he got the wrong number. It wasn't in my contacts. And why would any sane person call at three in the morning, anyways? It was probably some drunk bastard who got some chick's number wrong."

Nic hid a laugh. "Why are you so sure about that?"

"He called me baby and asked me if I wanted to go for a walk."

Nic opened her mouth in surprise and looked around to check if someone had heard what I said. Fortunately, no one did.

"Give me your phone."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why? No."

"Don't say no! You didn't even know what for!" She complained stretching out her arm on the kitchen table to grab my phone. I tried to stop her but she was fast.

"Don't do anything you will regret afterwards," I warned her.

She smiled guiltily. "Don't worry, boo. I just want to check if that mysterious guy is in my contacts."

I shrugged indifferently and let her go on. She tapped numerous times on her phone before grabbing my wrist tightly, I didn't know she had such strength.

"Ow, Nicole. Let go!" I whispered under my breath as I did all I could to escape from her grasp. She slowly opened her hand, blood finally flowing through mine.

I shook my head furiously, Nicole could be infuriating sometimes.

"I swear I'd assassinate you sometimes. There's absolutely no excuse for you to attack me like that!" I complained while I rubbed the bruise.