Back To Basics

(11 days later)

I've barely left my house in the past week and a half, neither has Tyler. It's been pretty chill, cooking or ordering out, just relaxing. Tyler only left to go to that interview with Earl and Clancy, I would've came but I wasn't feeling it honestly. I guess I was really afraid I'd see Frank or Taco, they like to go support friends. It's all been bittersweet. Like, yeah... I've gotten to get closer to Tyler again but I can't help but think about that day back at the Trap. It does not sit right with me. How can they both go from being so in love with me, but say these things? We're actually going back today, the girls said they missed me. I can't lie, I really want to pass out from anticipation. I hope they aren't there.

Tyler glances over from the driver's seat. "You good young? We can always turn back and go home." I shake my head and glance out the window. "No, no. I wanna see the girls." I turn back to examine his face, all he does is nod. Does he not want to go either? He seems ready to head home at any minute, suggested multiple times to go out and eat. This isn't like him. He seems more nervous than I am. We arrive and Tyler shuts the car off but doesn't get out. "Tyler, are you okay?" He doesn't respond, instead he gets out in a huff. I awkwardly follow him to the door. "It's been a fun two weeks." I turn to answer him but the door swings open. "PANDA!!" Sarah screeches, grabbing me for a hug. I smile and return the embrace. I greet the others before heading upstairs to see Courtney. Last time we talked, she was having some trouble with the baby so she's been on bed rest. When we walk in, my heart sinks. She looks so pale and weak. I quickly walk to her side to kiss her forehead. "Aw hun, you need anything?" She smiles faintly. "No thanks babe. I just ate and shit, I was gonna get some sleep but I heard you were finally coming back." I rub her cheek. "Get some shut eye sweetie." She nods, I kiss her on the cheek before leaving.

When I step out into the hall, I see Frank walking out of a room. He averts his eyes to the ceiling as I walk past without so much as a glance to him. Before I fully clear him, he grabs my arm. I keep my eyes straight. "What Frank?" He sighs and lets go of me, awkward. He recites something, almost to himself. I turn and get in his face. "Listen here, you wrote me off like it was nothing so don't fucking try to play victim no-" Frank grabs my waist and pulls my in for a kiss but I take myself from his grip. "Must be Tyler." He mumbles. "No, of course not." He smiles towards something behind. I glance behind me, seeing nothing there. "Nice seeing ya Pandora." I stare at him with wide eyes before turning to continue down the stairs. This is incredibly weird to say the least. First, he's pissed at me; Now, he's back to kissing me? I walk into the kitchen where I see Tyler with his head in his hands. "Tyler, everything alright?" He looks up in shock. He doesn't respond he just continues to stare at me. "Tyler....?" He gets up and walks out into the backyard. What has gotten into him? I follow his trail to find him sitting in a lawn chair. "Tyler, talk to me." He doesn't budge. "No." What the hell?! I let out a big sigh and return to the bedroom where I find Sarah and Court talking. "So much for sleeping right?" I laugh taking a seat on the bed.

* * * *

Heading home finally. "Am I going back to your house?" I had forgotten Tyler was in the car. "Uh, yeah, if you want. . ." I respond, somewhat indifferent. "Do you even want me to?" He questions with irritation rearing its ugly head.  "Of course. Look, if you don't want to stay I can just-" "No, that's fine." I just shrug and fix my eyes on the road, focusing on getting home.

When we get in, I head to my room and Tyler slumps down on the couch. I use this time to change out of these clothes, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and an old Kanye tour tee. I pull my shirt over my head and shimmy into my pants. What now? To the music I guess. I really could use some relaxation, now where's my mac? I spin around only to be scared half to death by Tyler standing in the doorway. "Jesus Ty! I need to put a bell on you.!" I shout, placing my hand over my heart. "What am I? A cat?" He asks. "Cats on everything Mr. Creator."  I joke, taking a seat on my bed. Tyler climbs on the bed and lays his head in my lap.

"Sorry about earlier, Lynn."

"It's cool, Gregory."

"Aw, why ya gotta do me like that?"

"Cause I can, duh."

"Wow, shut up" 

"Make me."

Tyler leaned towards me, cutting the space between us in half. "Oh I can." He smirks deviously. "No you ca-" Before I can speak another word, Tyler flips me and pins me down. "Last chance. You sure I won't?" He raises and eyebrow and I scoff. "Ooooh, I'm so scared. The big, bad Tyler is gonna-" Once again, I'm cut off but this time I'm being tickled violently. "Ty-T-Tyler! I-I-I!" I gasp loudly. "Tap out Panda." He demands playfully, still torturing my sides. I slam my hand on the bed repeatedly signalling surrender. Tyler ceases my punishment and lets he body collapse on top of mine. "Tyler, you're heavy." He wraps his arms around me and nuzzles his head in my stomach. "I'm not. Plus, you are too fucking comfy." He smiles up at me and I stick my tongue back at him. "Someone getting smart?" He asks, pressing his fingers into my sides, slightly tickling me again."N-no!" He smiles and tightens his grip around me. "That's what I thought."

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

  It's 4am and I can't fucking sleep. Tyler's sound asleep, I don't have the heart to wake him. I quietly creep out of my bed, Tyler groans in confusion but turns over and returns to dreamland. I tiptoe down the steps, to the kitchen where I find my mom sitting at the dining table; looking rather worrisome.

"Mom. . . everything alright?"

"Yeah. . ."

"C'mon, I know when you're lying. What's up ma?"

.................

"Ma..?"

"You know I love you very VERY much-"

"Mom, I can handle it."

"You have a twin sister. See-"

"What?"

"Your father, he-he left and then her took her wit-"

"Why didn't you-"

"I did, but he changed his name.. and hers."

"So wait wait wait, why the fuck is she coming up now?"

"She came looking for me. Well, us."

"Why? Dad left her too?"

"No. Pandora, you farther died."