Trouble In Paradise Pt. 1

*two weeks later*

I just got off the phone with Azealia, excited to say the least. She told me to pack a bag with clothes for a couple days, bathing suits, and my passport. I'm guessing an impromptu trip to Mexico. Sounds pretty great of you ask me. Ashlyn is staying over at Nak's house for the week I'll be gone. My mom had a trip in DC for some business-y thing for the firm. Not too sure on the details. I run around my room grabbing shorts, tanks, dresses, sandals, bathing suits, shirts, skirts, underwear, a little make up and everything I'll possibly need. Soon I squeeze it into a carry-on duffel bag and give my sister a goodbye kiss on the cheek and a warm hug. I grab my keys and set off to see Azzy.

When I arrive sometime later, Michelle opens the door. My bags drop to the ground and my arms squeeze the life out of her. I've missed her so much. Booming footsteps rush down the stairs and I'm in a dog pile before I can really blink. Ellie and Azealia shower me with love, crushing me while they're at it. "Nice to see y'all are still insane." I laugh, getting off of the floor. "So where exactly are we going?" They all stare around with smiles. "Hawaii for a week!!" Azealia yells as if she could no longer hold it in. I nearly drop in shock. This is amazing! I take the three of them in my arms and hold tightly. We've been friends since pre-k so we usually hang all the time; but with the craziness this summer, they've barely seen me and I know they're worried. I've missed them so much. When we separate they tell me all the details. "The flight leaves tomorrow morning at four." Ellie inquires sounding like the guardian of the group, as always. "Yup so we're staying up all night and sleeping on the plane!" Michelle laughs as Ellie shoots a glare at her. Before I can speak, my phone rings.

"Hey Frankie."

"Hey baby, I was wondering if you wanted to hang tomorrow..."

"Uh, I'm going to Hawaii with the girls for a week, it was a surprise."

"Oh.."

Fuck he sounds down.

"Well. . .I'm off from work, wanna go to fatburger?"

"I'll check with the girls to make sure that's okay and call you back."

"Yeah yeah."

I feel so bad. I turn and they're staring at me. "You better go!" Azealia yells. "Just be back at 10." I stare at Ellie. "I'm kidding! We'll have you for a week!" I laugh and phone Frank, of course he sounds much happier when I tell him we can go. Michelle seems a little upset at this but hopefully she understands, or I'll make up for it during the week. It's around 8 in the evening so I grab a sweater in case it gets a little chilly. Within the hour, Frank pulls up. He rings the bell and I swing the door open with a cheesy smile. "Hey boo thang." He greets, trying to sound 'ratchet'. He takes my hand as we walk to the car, and my friends yell from the door like my parents.

"Be safe!"

"Be back on time!"

"Stay out of her panties!"

I flip them off and continue to the car. "Lynn, you mind if we do the drive thru? I got something to show you." He asks excitedly. I agree and we pull off. It's not long before we get our food and are on the road again. It's taking everything in me not to take some fries but he said I can't eat a single bite until we get there. It better be close. We turn on a road and start up a hill. It's pretty cool if you ask me, the hillside view to the left but a breath taking city view to the right. Frank drives a little longer before pulling off to the side and getting out. He comes around, takes the food in one hand, taking my hand in the other. We're on a cliff in a way; under us, a beautiful lake reflecting the moon. I'm in awe. "A little place I like to come to when shit gets hectic." I kiss him on the cheek before he lets go of my hand and gets a blanket from his trunk. He places it on the ground and I dive on it, excited I'm finally allowed to eat.