61 - Marriage Fates (Mia&Marc, Lydia&Wade)

Lydia's POV

Since I didn't have my gun, confidence, and basically my soul. I couldn't find the energy to fight him off, not after what I endured in that parking lot. Must we keep going around in circles like this?! When I said I was done I meant it. I want out of this so badly it hurts and I want to take Adrian with me. He'd have to kill me, 

"Okay sorry I brought it up." I said leaving to go upstairs, I held onto the railing a tighter than normal. I wish Mia was here to see what marriage was doing to me. To show her Lydia Brooks couldn't be saved, couldn't be married, and couldn't be a normal person.

Oh I felt so depressed for so many things I almost didn't even hear Wade, "Wait Lydia," He called after me that's when I stop and rest my swollen feet. "I just don't understand, I thought you were happy-"

"I thought I was too. Jake, Marc, everyone had me convinced this was the way to handle this new chapter in my life. How to raise Adrian in a stable home, have his father around, us being married. It all sounded good but..." I whisper softly turning around, "...I don't love you anymore Wade. I don't love this life anymore. I want out." I confessed it was true, I'll be honest being a mother wasn't in my vocabulary. I wanted adventure, I needed that urge to hunt again. Being an angel hunter was my life and now I want it back.

Several minutes went by...

"Well then I guess you start packing," Wade told after several minutes, and I'm shocked. No epic fight for my love, our vows, nothing... it didn't seem like him. "Okay well we're sort details about Adrian-"

"You start packing. You aren't talking my son anywhere." He whispered removing his ring and placing it on the railing before walking away. But then came back and looked me in the eyes, "I'm giving you what you want, adventure."

At the same time across the town....another happily soon to be crippled couple...

Mia's POV

He sighed heavily, "No it's not your fault, I was avoiding you most of the time claiming I was at work. But I would be honored to be engaged, really Marc I'm willing to be off timing for you. I'll be damned if I let you leave me." I said holding his face to make sure he understands what he's saying.

"Well then let's go the night is still young, we have so more places to visit." He said kissing my forehead. I smiled holding onto his arm and we walked out. Wow this awkward filled night turned into one of the best days of my life.

He walks over to the passenger side and opens the door, I reach around his neck and pull him closer so our lips connect. I push away and slide in the car, he closes the door and walks around on his side and gets in.

He takes out his keys, turns on the car, and prepares to back out looking around. 'Where are we going?" I asked warming up,

"It's a surprise,"

"I love surprises!" I cheered clapping my hands happily, he chuckles and pulls out of the parking lot. We were at the intersection, in a blink of an eye he pulled out.

But I wish he hadn't. For the sake of all things holy I wish he hadn't, things would've been different. My life flashed before my eyes when I saw two headlines. "Marc!" I screamed but it was too late.

Lydia's POV