24 - Would You Have Told Me?

Mia's POV

A week later...

"Today we bury wife, mother, and activist Simone Eve Wilson. I knew most of my life and no one was a better mother to me that she. Oh she will be missed." Lydia said ending the eulogy. It wasn't raining, in fact it was a sunny day. Lydia came around and put her arm around me as I dried my tears on my napkin.

We were the last to leave,

Lydia was actually looking rather conservative. Wearing a knee length dress that wasn't a long V neck, she wore black stocking. But had 6 inch heels though. But no heavy jewel and her make up stayed flawless. She looked radiant. I was glad she didn't try to kill it today.

We get into the car and go to Dad's place where he's holding the wake. Everyone would be there...

2 hours in and I was already ready to leave. Out of the corner of my eye I see Wade leaving Anita with two drinks in his hand. "Hey." He says handing me one and he looked so stressed. I patted his shoulder. "We're gonna get this son of a bitch who did this to Mom, did you ever talk to Dad?"

Shaking my head I take a sip and close my eyes savoring the taste. "No, couldn't bring myself to do it. It would kill him, we need to handle this." Wade gives me a second look before smirking at bit. "You mean me-"

"You and Lydia. I have no idea who did this, but I'm just as determined as you to figure out who did this." Wade's eyes dart somewhere, "Look at this shameful mess."

Kendra was accepting money from guest who felt sorry. "I can't take this anymore. I'm going to the bathroom." Giving Wade my drink I pick myself up emotionally and walk back in the house, turn the corner, upstairs I go into the bathroom.

Splashing the water against my face I try to think of who would want my Mom dead. All I could think of is Kendra, she wasn't at the hospital. I heard the door slam open and I looked at the reflection to see its freaking Kendra. Right now, if I look at her a second longer I might just kill her.

I hang my head down. "You having Marc's baby yet?"

"Bitch are you fucking serious? Our mom is dead! Get that through your stupid, pathetic, weak mind! Do I need to spell it out for you! Our. Mom. Is. DEAD!"

She puts her hand in my face, "Don't you use that tone with me, I'm older show me some respect! Besides I know she's dead, or I wouldn't be here

She puts her hand in my face, "Don't you use that tone with me, I'm older show me some respect! Besides I know she's dead, or I wouldn't be here. Geez." Wow she was unbelievable. Like I have no words for this.

"You know what your problem is Kendra you have no life, which is why you must intervene in mine. You can't with Wade because he dropped off the face of the Earth. How dare you take people's money at Mom's funeral?! I'm disgusted to call you my fucking sister!" I whip my body around, and my palm connects with Kendra's cheek with a shattering smack.

I didn't stop there.

"She had cancer!" Arms trashing around I go for her, pushing her against the wall. She had pulled my hair as I bite down on her arm. Screaming in pain, she tackles me into the counter, my back in utter pain. "She gave birth to us! Using her death as a cash cow are you freaking serious?!"