12 - Give Me Life, Give Me Death

Mia's POV

"Marc are you a man that's easily offended?" He gives me a double take before shaking his adorable head. "I assume not," I sigh in relief. "Well I find this whole situation weird, and mentioned a background check from both you and Lucy...and that's because no one seemed...as shocked or whatever when Lucy freaking appeared in your house. It's just not adding up. And the cliff...she should be dead...no offense."

Giving me a shy smile, "I assure you doing a background check isn't necessary. Lucy is gone, she's gonna reunite with her father, leaving us to be happy and make a child. That's what is gonna happen here with us. It doesn't involve Lucy and her drama."

So he never really answered my question, just danced around it.

"Lucy and I have parted ways, she's laying as low as she can. I don't know where she is now. She wanted me to promise her to be a good father." Pretending that it didn't bother me as much I perked up a bit. "That's nice."

"Besides I personally, wanted to know Mia Wilson outside the mansion."

That was sweet of him to invite me to dinner but to buy me a velvet Milan gown, my hair was styled in a French bun, my make-up was professionally done as well. Marc took me by his house before we went out. He had a personal collection for me, something about my style, and skin complexion. I already liked the props and tried not to think about the baby part. I ordered the steak and red wine. He ordered the same thing and we were currently waiting for our food.

"So some more questions?" He asked and I rolled my eyes with a playful smile. He could ask me anything, especially after talking about Nolan. "I got an answer."

"Are you still going to the party tomorrow night?"

I nod, opening my mouth to say something when I heard a shrill glass shattering voice echoed through the elite restaurant.

"MIA WILSON!"

God was giving me a sign not to be with this man

God was giving me a sign not to be with this man. I let my head drop when I heard Kendra's voice echo in the building she ran up from behind me dragging along Nolan. How awkward could this get honestly, "Wow how is it that we are seeing each other in two places in one day?" She joked, "One can say you're smothering me." I joked and Nolan let out a chuckle which turned into a cough.

"What?" Kendra glared at him and went back to smiles at Marc. "So Mia stop being rude and introduce family-I mean your date?" She asked and for a second saw myself shooting her brains out.

"Hello I'm Marc Waters, and your sister is just a jewel from the rarest treasure, I'm lucky to have met such a divine woman." Marc said looking at me, and it was so deep it made me breathless. "Wow that was good." Kendra breathed. "You just got even hotter-I mean for Mia. Mia is a lucky girl." She gave me a vengeful look and I glared at her. I know she wasn't thinking about Marc because she finally just got my other man! Now she wants to move to this one, over my dead body!