29 - Mama Brooks Isn't Happy

~ Okay again I'm changing the updating schedule instead of Tuesday and Saturday it's gonna be every Monday and Friday. Because I wanna finish this book as soon as possible... ~ 

Lydia's POV

"Dad where is Mia? I swear I'll burn the damn Earth down. I'll take a bitch out of orbit! Don't deny that I won't do it! You know I'll just start that plague, and since I'm so pissed I'm thinking fatal virus or just drive-byes like no one has ever seen. People gonna think this is the freaking purge! Let a bitch get in some fucking spiked heels and curled hair! Hell I'll turn the-"

"She's fine! Will you calm down?!" As Dad was speaking the doorbell rang, and Nate and Storm howled. "OH SHUT UP!" I barked at them, moving in my bunny slippers and DC Justice League PJ's. My hair was in a messy bun much like my life when I couldn't always rely on Mia's tracker, "Where the hell is my partner! He was supposed to track down Mia! I'm mixing chemicals till something explodes! Get ready for that fucking purge!" I shout into the phone once more before I finally open the door wide to reveal my partner and a sedated Mia. "Oh thank god." I say tossing the phone across the room, and taking in Mia's face. She had scratches all over. "What happened to her?" I say as he moves into the house to lay her on the sofa. I push him aside to rip Mia's jacket off, and lift her shirt. "What are you-"

Once I feel her tracker in the wrong place I curse, "Damn I'm gonna need my medical bag." He moves quickly to get my bag and that's when I put on gloves and grab a scalpel. After a quick fixing of the tracker I patch up the small cut.

Getting to my feet I just stare down at Mia, "I knew the girl was mad but this...look at her hands Jake." I say as I look at my partner. He had his hands in his pockets, unsure of what to say. He looked pained, concerned, and angry. Basically he was now looking how I felt, I looked calm and collected. Hmm, he should've seen me before I opened the door. Running my fingers through my hair to scratch my head. "Tell me all details."

"I tailed her as I was tasked from your Dad, and I followed her to Nolan's house. She went inside and once 20 minutes passed I started to approach the house when I see her walk out. Blood smeared all on her bat, and she looked like a horror show. I sent a dart in her neck, as she fell I went in checked on Nolan. I called the hospital to get Nolan, Mia here did a number on Nolan. I mean, the way his eyes were nearly bleeding..."

My fist clench, "She may have blinded him. Damn I should've stopped this the second she slammed her fist down on the table. I saw the signs but I was...proud my little girl, she grew the fuck up." He stares at me with concern. I wave him off, "You haven't worked with me long to know anything. You're a fetus." That seemed to make him angry as he glares at me before getting into my space, "You didn't think I was a fetus on our last mission." Really? That's his comeback? Ugh, this boy has so much to learn. "What was my Dad thinking when he assigned you and me as partners?"

Jake shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe because of the other agent had too much baggage, isn't he like married or something?" I ignore his comment and just wipe my hands and go into the kitchen. "Thanks for helping Jake, its means a lot."

"Is there anything else you need my help with?" Leaning in I peck his lips tenderly, okay-I can't lie I do linger there for a second. "I'm good Jake."