51 - Bringing Him Home

Mia's POV

"I'm glad you're not dead. I'm glad that you won't have anything holding you back from me as selfish as that sounds. And I do love Lydia but she's not my husband, I do realize that I blur the lines at times. I'm sorry Marc." I admit fumbling with my hands watching Lydia sharpen a knife.

Marc sighs, "I'm sorry for trying to hurt you with that bottle. I'm sorry that you have such a strong beautiful bond with Lydia that I don't understand at times and get jealous. I mean she's been everything to you, still is, and that is sometimes hard to deal with. Despite losing everything I don't regret it because the biggest regret would be not having you and the kids in my world." Marc tells me pushing off the frame and sitting beside me on the sofa.

"Do you think we need to go to therapy?" I suggest and he gives me a concerned look shaking his head viciously. "Hell no, not after what happened to you and Lydia. Besides we will get past this, I will be okay knowing that I have you, the kids.... Lydia." I smirk at a little.

We don't touch but sitting next to him I feel closer to him than I have in a while, he looked better all healed up from when I remember him last. I wanted to hold his hand but still was heavy with uncertainty. "Does the scars on your back hurt?"

He swallows, "It's like there trying to grow back, the wound opens and that stings but nothing else happens. They soon just heal back up and it happens all over again. What about you, how did you survive without me. Your cheeks look sunken in; have you been eating?"

I touch his hand, "I think it's time we heal each other."

He gives my hand a squeeze, "I couldn't agree more."  Getting to his feet he helps me to mine and we walk out hand in hand. Lydia stands alert knife in hand, where did her bat go? "Don't think you can divide and conquer I'll take you two both head on." She warns. We laugh at her.

"We...see each other's sides. We made up,"

Lydia smiles, "Now if you excuse me I don't want to be late picking up my Rose Avery's from the hospital. Something about winning five, making history, you know the normal." She says packing up her Audi as she drives off without another word, I look up at Marc who seems to be looking better. "How about you and I go on some vacation away from everything." He shakes his head pulling me closer. "I've been away from you, the kids, the house for way too long. If there's any place I want to be it's with you, in our own bed, after tucking the kids in for sleep."

**

I wasn't sure if staring at my reflection before sex was a bad thing, I wasn't dreading it but I wasn't super thrilled wanting to just jump his bones. I wanted to just take things slow, maybe wearing whips and chains was a bit extreme. Luckily I didn't wear that,

Keeping it simple I wore a black bra and panty set. Without another thought I open the door wide to see him sitting on the edge of the bed face buried in his hands. I suddenly felt discouraged until I remembered the night he came in with pads, tampons, all things I needed and thinking it was the cutest thing ever.

Slowly walking over to him in the 6 inch heels I was in I stand in front of him, picking his head up making him look at me. That seems to do the trick. My body reacted when I saw him scan over my body appreciatively, but his eyes looked more intensely at my chest. "I'm sorry I ran away; I couldn't handle the rejection. I mean you loved the wings." He says hanging his head again when I rub his shoulders. Bringing his chin up, "I'm sorry I wasn't the first to find you and come see you sooner. I'm sorry that I thought that for a second Lydia could've brought you back. I'm sorry for being a bad wife."

Our eyes finally connect as he pulls me closer to him. I collected the sound of his voice as deeper and sexier. "I want you," as he starts to kiss me from my bust down my stomach, as his hands massage my thighs and hips.