22 - Deadly Lies

Mia's POV

Twirling it around I'm mystified by its beauty, almost reflective in the light, it nearly sparkles. It's so soft and oddly warm. I take it to the bed and resume to put my clothes on, and braiding my hair before I stick the feather in my purse. There was a little knock on the door, "Come in." I say putting on some chap-stick.

"You look wonderful Mia," I thank him, as he leads me downstairs.

**

We are walking out to his car and I keep an eye out for Kendra, after her stunt that one night and recently I wanted to be prepared. I heard that Lydia was coming with a knife, and ready to whoop ass. But then again, she's ALWAYS ready to whoop ass.

"Is this the right place?" He asks pulling in the parking lot. For a billionaire he could afford to be taken everywhere. Why was he driving? When he parked and Lydia got out of the car, I spoke. "Hey Marc why do you drive when you can have a driver,"

"I rather be in control of a vehicle. I don't have good memories of someone else driving." I take that answer and get out of the car.

We walked into the restaurant. "Hey pretty lady and billionaire is back for more." The manager asked. "Of course pretty lady couldn't stay away she brought her pretty lady of a friend." Lydia glared at Marc. "No, no, no Marc hold your horses. Do that to Mia she won't shut up about it, but me naw I got a man-"

"Who?" I saw her tense up for a second, "I meant to say I got a man's hunger for something to eat. I'm starving here!"

"What have you been doing to give you the munchies?" Marc smirked, Lydia rolled her eyes. She walked in after the waiter and I had to pat Marc's back because Lydia was a tough one to crack.

We eat and dine, and dine and eat for about 20 minutes and Marc and Lydia enjoy wine while I drink tea. Not because I'm pregnant but because of my medication. "Oh I have to go all of a sudden-" Lydia said, but stops mid-sentence.

"MIA!" Kendra called out, she was panting when we reached out table. She was sweating a bit, and hung her head as she inhaled deeply. "What a surprise to see you."

"Kendra are you okay, it seems like you ran over here." I said, I knew she was running. "What you silly girl I wasn't doing such a thing. How is everyone?" There was a pause as she wrinkled her nose to Lydia, "Lydia." She says with distaste.

"Hoe." Lydia said taking some of her drink.

"What?" Kendra asked glaring at her.

"Kendra what are you doing here?" I asked breaking up the fight that could've went down. She flipped her hair and looked at me. "Well I just saw you....and Marc and decided why not." And before I could say anything she sits dangerously close to Marc, like she was basically on him, they were sharing the same air that's how close they were. Or in a better way how close Kendra forcing herself on him,

"Kendra don't you have work?" Lydia asked, she shakes her head, "You know Kendra you're getting married and Mia told me all about it. The 6 month affair and I think that's disgusting." Marc said truthfully looking dead at her and all three of us are shocked he came out and said that.

"Look at your face! You look so stupid Kendra!" She screamed out in her face laughing so hard. And I was trying my hardest to stifle my laugh and a small smirk played on Marc's lips. Kendra then looked at me after looking at everyone else.

I saw Lydia quiet down when her phone went off, she soon answered it. The conversation was short before she was back in reality. "Hey I gotta pee I'll be back alright," She says as she briskly leaves the scene. "Mr. Billionaire, my wife like picture, yes." The manager's accent was deep with happiness as his petite wife stood next to him across the way. "Would you excuse me?" And he slides from the booth leaving Kendra and I alone...great.