4 - The First Is Always The Hardest

Mia's POV

The next day...

Today I was going to be rejected by the richest man in Boston. Then cry at home, and add another scar onto my skin. Why do I put myself through these things?

I got up from the couch and went to my bedroom and looked under the bed frame to find a box. I pulled it out and grabbed my wine bottle off my nightstand and took a huge gulp before snatching the lid off and fingering through it trying to find-bingo.

I felt the cotton fabric and lifted the clothes slowly. It was a small red dress that hugged my waist, had a medium poof skirt. The matching red pumps where in their as well. I wore this the night I divorced Nolan, I went out with Lydia until she ambushed me and we went to the strip club...that was until Lydia had to get on the pole and basically sold the place out after that.

We were no longer welcome,

I held it closely to my chest, not because of Lydia but because it showcased strength. My strength to walk away from a toxic marriage that did more damage within the divorce than Nolan ever did cheating on me. I mean how can I get all that money back?!

It feels as if it was yesterday...

I should've known better, I shake my head of the memory and put the box and leave out the dress. I was going to wear that today. "Hey Lydia you almost ready?" I called getting to my feet when I see her in the doorway wearing a simple pencil skirt and blouse with some cleavage. Her hair was curled and she was putting on her earrings, "And like always you're not even out of your robe." She jokes and I stick my tongue out at her.

"Why do you look so professional?" She shrugs and looks at herself through my mirror before responding. "I guess I want to look professional, it's not like I'm seeing some guy who wants to role play about me being some teacher." She quickly says before leaving, the nerve of that girl I swear!

**

Marc's POV

I walked through the kitchen and made it to the front of the Estate, the entrance. I saw Austin with a clipboard and walking over to me. I saw the women lining up waiting for me. Ducking out of sight I went into the den,

"Okay Austin just start the proceedings." I order, and Lisa comes up to me with her tablet. She was wearing a beautiful navy blue form fitting dress. "What is it?" She asks concerned as my eyes are glued on her. "Nothing you just look good."

Smiling was a pretty quality of Lisa's, it spread throughout her entire face. And that was a beautiful sight. "Thank you Marc," I nod stuffing my hands in my pockets before clearing my throat. "Where are we on Lydia's appearance?"

Lisa nods, "She's on her way. I can't believe I'm meeting a world class neonatal surgeon." Lisa was gleaming with admiration. "Yea I'm aware of how excited you are." And suddenly I got nervous, what could I offer her if she already had wealth, power, and seemed happy enough?

When some girls saw me, they screamed which erupted into the huge crowd screaming and yelling "We love you," I smiled and waved it off.

I was handed some wine and took my seat next to Austin to start this process, "Okay I just got off the phone with the guard he said he just met up with Lydia and is on her way. She brought a plus one sir. Is that alright?" I nodded getting excited, "Good the more the better. I need to find her."

"Okay next!" He called and a short girl with brown hair and pale skin came up to me. I could see it all over her face she was shy. She didn't have much of a mind, and was still living with her mother. I shook my head after Austin looked at me awaiting my answer. "Well it was nice meeting you." He said, and the girl ran off crying. I didn't feel bad for her. I couldn't, compared to the thousands of women who were willing to have my baby.

Feelings are overrated, I'm ready to knock up a girl and have the freaking baby!

Another girl came up, she was dark skinned, had short curly hair and was curvy in every way. Austin seemed approving. "Name," I said looking at the paper.

"Rita Jenkins."

"Work,"

"Business manager of retail," She said proudly. I looked up at her. I almost laughed in her face for saying that to me. She had a heart shaped face, big brown eyes that honestly creeps me out and I didn't want my child to have those eyes.

"Umm Rita it was nice talking to you but it's going to be a no." I said with a small smile.

She nods and walks off cussing under her breath.

I was getting tired of this. Isn't there just one woman that could please me? Was my standards too high? If she can't please me obviously she won't please my dear wife! We had just started and I was already feeling overwhelmed.

"Okay I'm going to get some coffee I'll be back, go through some while I'm gone." I whispered over at Austin. "Okay sir." I bump into someone...

Her brunette hair was the first thing I took in when she flipped her hair, it sent a wave of flowers my way.  She smelled divine, had flawless features. She had an hourglass figure, and is drop dead gorgeous. Behind those big brown eyes were compassion and tenderness. "Excuse me,"

Her voice was just as beautiful.

I was lost in her face, "What's your name?" I asked and she just stared at me like a deer in headlights. I didn't break eye contact with her until I heard someone clear their throat. I tore my eyes away from her and realized it was Lydia Brooks behind the mystery girl. "Oh Lydia Brooks it's an honor to meet you, is this your plus one?" She nods, Lydia looked strong and fearless. Her stance was intimidating. For a doctor I wasn't sure if that was good thing or not. "Who's here for the interview?" Before seeing Lydia's small friend I made up my mind that I wanted Lydia Brooks but decided against that the second I saw her friend who was still gawking at me. I was flattered truly,

"She is." Lydia spoke for her silent friend.

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

A/N:

Teaser: The interview takes a more serious turn...