11 - Privacy Is My Policy

Marc's POV

Damn the woman was nuts, exactly what I need to stop Demetrius. I didn't want to stop her attacks on Lucy so I could see just how far Lydia could go. At first I did believe Kazimir was being over dramatic because he claims she slays dragons...really? But after seeing this, I see Ms. Brooks in a different light. Once I see them disappear out of the mansion's door I rush to Lucy's aid.

Into the kitchen.

It's a mess. Lucy was drinking her tea while the cabinet holding the pots and pans broke making them crash on the floor.

"What the hell happened?"

"Does Mia know about us being Angels? Does she know who her best friend is?" Lucy snaps using air quotes around best friend. I stuff my hands in my pockets, "Business concerning Mia doesn't involve you Lucy." She smirks,

"So that's a no. And Lydia Brooks happened Marc. Listen I knew coming here was a shock, everything I did in our marriage was a shock. And for that, I don't want to cause anymore trouble. Just promise me one thing."

"What?"

"Be the greatest Dad you can be,"

Something stirred in my heart, "I was doing all this for you Lucy, how badly we tried for children." She nods looking down at the ground. "Turns out we weren't destined for kids given that I was pregnant with another man's child." She bluntly adds and I forget all the sympathy I had for her.

"Get out and don't come back."

She disappears before me,

When I turn and leave the kitchen I end up seeing stars as I land on my back dazed. Blonde hair dangles in front of me as I'm dragged into the kitchen again.

"I'm only going to ask you this once Marc, who recommended me to you?"

I groan holding my head, "Kazimir Antonoff."

**

**

Mia's POV

After pushing Lydia outside we walked to the car, I had already gotten in when Lydia was patting herself down. Then she went through her Michael Kors purse, "What's wrong?"

"I'll be right back I left my phone back in there after beating Lucy's ass, hold on I'll be back." She says turning on her heel before I see her hair dance in the wind as she takes off back in the house. I rest in my seat waiting for her as I see her keys, I start up the car and the AC feels good on this warm day.

I hear heels clicking and I look up to see a tight look on Lydia's face. "Girl what did you do? You haven't had that face on since we robbed that liquor store in high school." I point out worried unlocking the car door for her, she gives me a sly smile. "Girl I'm just mad I didn't get the drop on Lucy as she was leaving, I had to deal with Marc's ass."

"What did he do?" She settled in the car fanning herself before adjusting the rear view mirror, applying some red lip stick. "He was talking to her in the kitchen, she was crying-,"