23 - An Assassin's Blood Lust

** Recap: Kendra had left and it was just Marc and I laughing and talking like the first time we had dinner here. Funny how times flies. My phone buzzes and I answer it. "Hey Dad."

He was sniffling, "Dad what's wrong?"

"It's your mama...she's gone Mia." **

Mia's POV

I was running through the halls in the hospital looking for any sign to her. I knew it couldn't be the end for her. We talked this morning, when in the car with Marc. I just felt a different feeling walking into here. It was something I knew I just didn't want it to be true. My father was here for a fact but where?

Was my sister or brother looking for me? The doctor anyone for a sign, was anyone looking for me?

Lydia were trailing behind me, "Hey over here," Lydia calls from behind turning into another hall and crashing into a hug with Wade and Anita. They break apart just in time for me to hug Wade like a crazy person. I felt Anita rub my back as tears fell from my eyes. "Come on, Dad just text me the room number." We all go as a group, reaching out Lydia's hand connects with mine.

The lights were flickering and I smelled a gut wrenching smell of sterile supplies, it reeked of death to me. Feeling rather severely nauseous I stumble against a wall. "You two go on we're right behind you." Lydia orders and they around a corner. "Lydia we have to follow them."

Lydia shakes her head, holding mine. "No Mia sweetheart take a second. Take a minute sweet cakes."

She steps back giving me breathing room as I take a few breathes and clam some of my anxiety. I peek up at her hand and I take it easily, pulling me up. "Whatever happens Mia I got you," She winks as we finally make it to her room.

My father came out and he looked at me. He looked as if he saw a ghost, just zombie like motions. Maybe he couldn't believe it, that's how death is anyway. Just hearing it you are in this state of shock until you're not and you're crying. And death comes in waves, the grief comes and takes a while to leave.

"You and Wade can go in there to see her." He whispered, I know he was trying to be army strong but even the strongest fall. Wade and Lydia exchange looks, before I take Wade's hand.

Wade just shed some tears and I stared at her not crying but just feeling numb. I knew the realization was coming in the morning. Right now I could use a bath and chocolates. My mom is dead, I couldn't cry, it hasn't hit me.

Her body was so...she was already losing color. Wade was taking a closer look over all her features. He was holding up her arms and rolling her over, "WADE STOP IT!" I screamed at him, shoving him away. "NO look Mia." He moves past me to lift Mom against and show her back. "What is that?"

"Scars from electricity." All that I knew at this point was a lie, as I leaned against Wade I was scared to ask. "What does this mean Wade?"

"I'm about to find out."

Leaving the room I see Marc propped against the wall talking to my Dad. He really was bonding with him. Anita and Lydia were talking funeral arrangements. But it turns into congrats when Lydia knows of Anita's child. "I'm gonna be the craziest Auntie ever!"

They laugh,

I didn't want to break it up, but I was exhausted. "Lydia can I go home with you?" Dropping everything she wraps me up in her arms. "Sure thing, I'm warming up the seats as we walk. Anita I'll talk to you later..."

"Bye we'll handle everything here. Be safe you two."

The halls were spinning, the air felt thick, but once we got in her car with heated seats I felt my muscles relax. "Don't worry I'm gonna make you Ginger shrimp your favorite, run you a bath, and put on How To Get Away With Murder." Lydia said pulling out of the parking lot, and soon enough we were on the road. "Earlier you were in your car when I hear that Mom was dead. Were you about to go somewhere?"