58 - Souls on Fire

Mia's POV

2 Months Later..

Camille and Sebastian were growing quickly over the honeymoon Lydia and Wade had with Adrian traveling the world. To be honest I didn't think Lydia was gonna show up to marry Wade the way she was acting right at the end, as if she had seen a ghost or whatever. 

But they got married, bought a mansion in the neighborhood. And before they left for their honeymoon I saw them looking all cute, I do believe that Lydia is really trying to make this work and that's all I can hope for. 

Lydia stopped taking missions as Wade put it and went back into the medical field saving lives and traveling the world leaving her men at home. But we both know that girl couldn't stop being herself and risking her life for criminals is who she is. So in secret Marc would lend her the private jet. Even though she has her own...Wade uses it at times and she wants him to know nothing. 

 But in no time she had her body back and was living a good life with her balance. At the moment Marc was off for the weekend and we wanted to invite Lydia, Wade, and Adrian to a back yard party just the family.

Austin was busy grilling burgers and hot dogs, I was playing with Camille in the pool which didn't last long because she wanted to play pirates with Sebastian. They were too cute together. Lisa and Melissa were busying drinking wine under the palm trees. 

Suddenly I see Wade stride past me in a hurried angry mess. He sat down on a lounge chair under the shade of trees Adrian was decked in a cool t-shirt and shorts ready for the pool.

"Jealous my ass," Lydia muttered walking in with a bright yellow bikini making me almost jealous. She looked great, "Wow Lydia, what's wrong?" She was pissed about something and I knew it wasn't her regular anger but something my brother did. 

"Hey gurl and nothing's wrong, everything is fine." She whispered wrapping her skirt around her waist and carrying the baby bag and throwing it at Wade who caught it effortlessly. She sighed heavily and got a drink from Melissa. "Girl I missed the sippy sip!" I cracked up missing her humor.

Time went by and I was next to Lydia who was oddly quiet through most of the visit

Time went by and I was next to Lydia who was oddly quiet through most of the visit. Normally she would be the one to push me in the pool, make out with Wade, and dance on the tables. But that wasn't the case here, "Lydia you alright?" She nods avoiding eye contact as she looks yonder.

"Just missed the drink and smoke." She winks and I roll my eyes playfully because it's not like I was a heavy drinker or smoker... left that to Lydia. "How's married life?" She choked on her drink, "Damn bitch you trying to choke me?" I smirk rolling my eyes. Wade I noticed never looked over at us or Lydia for that matter and was looking at Marc a little harder who just came home. "Tell your brother I hate how he knows shit all the time." Lydia muttered as I get up to kiss Marc who was removing his tie. Marc leaves me to go to the kids...

"I'm confused," I say returning to Lydia. 

"He knows," Lydia whispered holding her drink to her chest like a nun and a bible. "Here he wants his mama," Wade said in an annoyed tone handing over Adrian. I cooed wanting to eat him up! She placed his small body against her chest and she smiled and kissed the top of his fuzzy head. Lydia is a beautiful mother.