15 - Flames

Lydia's POV

Removing my Ray Bans I get off my private jet into my Bentley. I'm so happy to be back in America, after killing Kazimir I was dying to see Mia. As soon as I drove off my phone rings, and I plugged it into my car and answered it.

"Where the hell have you been?" My Dad roared and damn near made me swivel. What the hell was his issue? "I was in Russia handling business,-"

"In Russia handling business my ass, did you see Lucy?" Rolling my eyes I blend into traffic, honking at an idiot I sped away. "Sure thing she's still a troll. Turns out she didn't die, she faked her death and returned to make amends with Marc. That's a load of crap, she was watching Mia like a hawk. Like she was prey, like she looked delicious or something. It was creepy," I confess picking up speed on the high way.

"Sources say that she was seen at a baby store." That's when everything was clicking into place much like me opening and closing my glove compartment, pulling out a blunt and lighter as I started to smoke. "You were right, this involves Mia. Why buy baby clothes? Do you think she's gonna give them to Mia?"

"Maybe," He answers,

I didn't like this one bit, I didn't like how Lucy was thinking of Mia or babies. I didn't like Mia being in any of this. "Alright let's line everything up, we know Lucy isn't dead. Demetrius didn't bring her to life because he can't do that...as far as we know. When at the interview she took a weird shine to Mia, and at this point Demetrius is nowhere to be seen." I say inhaling deeply.

"The question is what would Lucy want from Mia?"

"Her baby duh," I say as if he was stupid, I mean he walked into that one. "I mean is she taking an interest in Mia to have this child so she could still feel connected to Marc. Once they have the kid, Lucy swoop in, have Marc fall back in love with her, and live happily ever after with the kid Mia and Marc created..." He was making sense,

But I shake my head, "It's too early to tell anything, all I know is that there is some interest in Mia. And I'd be dammed if she confront her."

Getting off the highway I go down several streets before driving along mine, where all the big lavish mansions were. Oh mine's the biggest and best.

Losers,

Before I pull into the driveway I pull over, to put my blunt out. I spray the car down, once I look up from my lap I could've sworn Demetrius in front of my car.

Yup he was definitely in front of my car.

Flashes of flames surrounding as I screamed at him to stop, begging him to stop ripping her heart out of her chest. Tears burn my eyes to the point where they almost blind me. I clawed at my own chest wanting it to stop. "PLEASE!" I screamed, my hands were tight on the steering wheel. I could feel the sweat trickle down my neck. "LYDIA!" I open my eyes to hear my Dad going off about something. My breathing was erratic. "What the hell are you doing outside?" Dad yelled as I see him outside on my lawn with his phone to his ear. I don't say anything at first I'll still reeling after that sudden flash back.

"Did you see that?"

"See what?"

"Demetrius in front of my car, he was there in front of my car, did you see him? He was right there." I argue getting out of the car with my purse, I don't even bother to pull in the driveway. I just walk up the street to the house. Dad walks back in as well. "You're gonna have to sweep Marc's house again. He's not home, he's with Mia over her parent's home. They stayed there the entire night. Along with Wade, Anita, Kendra, and Nolan." I felt bad I wasn't there, I could've watched Kendra and Nolan make idiots of themselves, and see Anita again.