XV

definitions
Abdominal aorta aneurysm: If the stomach is crushed by a car wreck or is compressed when the accident occurs, the abdominal aorta can break (rupture). This almost always results in death.
Damage to the spleen – The spleen is located in the abdomen and contains disease-fighting blood cells that work to help the body fight infection and kill unwanted bacteria. A car accident can damage the spleen or even rupture it, flooding the abdominal cavity with blood. This can be fatal.
Source: joyelawfirm

7 July 2016 8pm

"Soonyoung? Is that you?" Jihoon saw me. I took off my snapback and confessed,"why?" Jihoon questioned,I shrugged my shoulders. Jihoon invited me inside, when he was in his room, I was outside unknown texted me.

unknown: OMG MY EX IS IN MY HOUSE WHAT DO I DO HELPPSK

me: that's funny cause i am in my ex's house

unknown: also my ex he left a flower on my doorstep too bad he got caught

me: Jihoon?

unknown: how did you know...
unknown: NO WAIT are you Soonyoung...

me: Jihoon.... yes I am Soonyoung.

unknown: I miss you

me: i miss you too...
me: i should be going

unknown: wait for me till i come out

me: bye...

unknown: soonyoung :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cursed to myself, no wonder Unknown sounded like someone I knew. He was Jihoon. He was someone I used to and still love, what about him? Did he still feel this way towards me? Many thoughts came into my mind, I felt like running. When I got home, I got ready to go to to the hospital.

3am

I plot myself on the couch next to Seokmin, "how's life?" Seokmin started a conversation,"boring... hey shouldn't you be studying?" I replied, "speak for yourself..." Seokmin talked back,"I'm on nightshift plus I need to be on guard if there is going to be an emergency surgery." I explained and he oohed back.

Just at the moment I received a call. "Doctor Kwon, please be prepared for an emergency surgery now. The man is in 20s and he was involved in car accident, he has an abdominal aorta aneurysm* we will be moving him into the OR in 20mins (operation room) also, Dr Choi Kang Soo will be doing an EVAR* on him." "Bye Seokmin!" I waved an rushed to the OR to go get ready.

I then thoroughly washed my hands using the antiseptic soap,"hey do you know Lee Jihoon? That producer and singer?" My colleague asked and I nodded my head."He is currently in the hospital, Dr Choi is doing his surgery and I heard you are assisting." He smiled, while I was stunned but still managed to nod my head. Jihoon was in the hospital? How? What happened to him?

"Hello Soonyoung..." Dr Choi interrupted my thoughts,"Hello Sunbae." I greeted,"so Lee Jihoon, the person we are operating on was involved in car crash." Dr Choi smiled,he always smiled to feel like relaxed. I adored that about Dr Choi,"yeah... Sunbae, he is someone I love, he was my boyfriend. How do i face this?" I asked him,"think of it as you are going to save his life. It is alright okay?" Dr Choi comforted me before I went into the OR. Even though the survival rate was 20%, I stayed calm.

"Okay let's begin!" Dr Choi came in and started the surgery.

Jihoon was placed on his back on the operating table. Once he was sedated, a breathing tube was inserted through his throat into his lungs and was connected to a ventilator. This would help him breathe during the surgery.
Dr Choi chose regional anesthesia instead of general anesthesia, as regional anesthesia is medication delivered through an epidural (in the back) to numb the area to be operated on. Jihoon then received medication to help him relax and analgesic medication for pain relief. Dr Choi was able to talk to Jihoon during the procedure. Dr Choi then made an incision in each groin to expose the femoral arteries. Using fluoroscopy (a type of X-ray that transmits images to a TV-like monitor), Dr Choi inserted a needle into the femoral artery. Then a guide wire was being passed and moved to the aneurysm site. The needle was then removed and a sheath slid over the guide wire.
Contrast dye is injected to visualize the position of the aneurysm and adjacent blood vessels).
Dr Choi then used special endovascular instruments and X-ray images for guidance. A stent-graft was inserted through the femoral artery and advanced up into the aorta to the site of the aneurysm.
The collapsed stent-graft was then advanced up into the aorta and situated at the aneurysm site. The stent graft expanded and attached to the wall of the aorta.
Then dye is injected again to check for blood leaking out into the aneurysm area. Once no leak has been determined, we removed all the instruments. The incisions was then sutured back together and sterile dressing was applied. (author's note: source:
hopkinsmedicine)

Dr Choi and I then cleaned up and walked out of the OR."You saved him." Dr Choi smiled,"no Sunbae you did. I'm really grateful." I smiled and thanked him. He patted my head,"check on him everyday okay? Call me when he waked up" he instructed,"sure do!" I smiled. By the time the surgery ended it was sunrise, I went back home to shower and change. Brought my coat and head off to the hospital to check on Jihoon. As Jihoon was in the ER (emergency room) meaning it was separated from the other wards. The ER had your normal hospital stuff such as your heart monitor machine, there was also a couch, for larger groups of people, there was a nearby toilet and even larger space.(author's note: this was how i saw an emergency room when i went to the hospital) Throughout the whole day, I wanted to stay with Jihoon till he woke up. Even when I had my shift, I managed to visit Jihoon. When people started running to Room 165 which was Jihoon's room, Dr Choi called me. "He is awake."

Hello! So thank you for reading :) it was really difficult to write this chapter, also the reason of Jihoon in the car crash will be explained in the next chapter. This chapter was difficult as you can probably see the amount of things i had to write in it. Im only 13 im not a medical student so please dont say oh this is wrong that is wrong. Just dont bash those parts cAuse i have been researching for 5 hours and this was what i got out of it. Appreciate the hArdwork.