3

"Ah! Frankie," Jay pulled out and flopped down on the bed next to me.

I laid on my stomach, catching my breath.

I'll admit, Jay was good in bed but he's not the best I ever had.

He pulled me close to him. "You're so amazing, pumpkin." He kissed me deeply then pulled away.

At some point - after light conversations and stolen kisses - we managed to fall asleep.

***

I woke up in an empty bed. I groaned as I stretched and sat up.

"Jay?"

I didn't get a reply.

I got up, putting my robe on and walking out of the bedroom.

"Jay?" I repeated after I walked to the great hall.

"Master Jay is in town, sir." Wallace spoke.

"What? What is he doing?"

"I know as much as you, sir."

I racked my hand through my hair.

"You seem tense, sir."

"He always leaves without telling me anything!"

"I'm sure Master Jay doesn't mean to not tell you."

"Every time?"

"Master Jay is a very busy man."

"Well, do you know when he's coming back?"

"Late tomorrow morning, he said."

I nearly jumped inside. "Well, if I don't know his whereabouts then he can't know mine. I'm going Mr Way's parties tonight."

"That's very risky, sir."

"Please, Wallace?! Don't tell Jay! I want so bad to go!"

"What should I tell Master Jay if he returns and you're not home?"

"I'll be back before 3am. Promise."

***

That night took forever to come. But when I started to hear the music blaring and people screaming and laughing, I knew that it was safe to go.

I made it to the front gates of the Way house, walked in, and started to look around. All those things Jay told me had gone out the window and I had my heart set on trying to find the master of the house himself.

I went up to a few ladies and asked them if they knew where Mr Way was.

"No one ever knows where Mr Way is." She leaned in closer to me and whispered, "He throws these parties but no one ever sees him." She said in her strong Boston accent.

They all walked away.

I decided to look around the house but I couldn't find him. I spent hours looking for him.

I sat down on a couch and thought, and thinking lead to me falling asleep on the couch.

***