17

When I awoke the next morning, he was still behind me. We were both on the same side of the bed and he kept pulling me into him.

I pulled his hand up to my lips, kissing it softly. I pulled it into my chest, holding it close.

I laid there and thought. I've been thinking a lot lately and I'm pretty sure it's because of Jay. I feel so bad about Jay still. I want to make this right. I pulled myself away from Gerard's warm body and dressed myself. I even left a note telling Gee were I went and why, even ended it with an,

"I love you

-xofrnk"

I passed Wayne in the hallway.

"Mr Iero, it's only 7:23. Why are you awake?"

"No reason." I dismissed myself and walked to the door.

"Mr Way would not be very happy if you walk out of this house alone."

"He'll know where I am. I'm fine." I said, opening the door and leaving.

It was a little cold this morning. I pulled my hood slightly over my head and walked up the street to Jay's house. I hesitated before knocking.

"Sir, what are you doing here? You can't be here. You shouldn't be here." Wallace answered the door.

"Why? What's going on?"

"Wallace, who's at the door?" I heard Jay.

"No one, Master."

"Wallace," I said getting his attention, "Let me in."

"No, sir, don't."

"I need to talk to him."

"You have to go, sir. Now."

"Wallace!" Jay yelled.

I pushed passed Wallace and stood in front of Jay.

He was surprised to see me but quickly hid that emotion from me.

"Well, well, well, if your here to cheat on him you won't get anywhere with me."

"I came here to settle the bad blood."

"There is no bad blood. I just put my trust in the wrong person."

"Jay, you want to blame this all in me but you cheated more than I did."

"You cheated with someone you loved! You wanted him! Ever since he moved here you've been so tied up with him! Go home, Frank! You have him now, go away!"

"You're right, and I'm sorry for -"

"I tried to stop with the girls, Frank. After the second month of dating you, I stopped cheating...until he showed up."

I swallowed.

"I was even going to ask you to marry me when I got back. Stupid, isn't it?"

I hesitated. "No, because now you can give someone else a chance that will make you want them. Give that ring to someone who loves you."

"I used to think you loved me. I remember that night he came for dinner. How he looked at you? You think I'm being ridiculous but I saw something spark between you two. I was trying so hard to reel you back in but the line wasn't strong enough. So I gave up."

"Jay,"

"You don't really need to apologize, Frank. I was unfair to you. I never really gave you a chance."

I pulled out the necklace with the pumpkin on it. "It doesn't belong to me."

"Of course it does but it'll probably just be ripped off you neck again." He took back the necklace. "I want you and Mr Way to join me in the city tomorrow afternoon. We'll get our own sweet in the best hotel. It would be a blast!" He smiled.

His smile held something in it. Something I've never seen in him before.

"We'll have to discuss it," was all I said.

He took my hand, placing a kiss on it. I quickly took my hand back saying my goodbyes and walked back to Gerard's house.

I don't know what Jay was thinking but I didn't like where that smile took me.

I walked through the door and slammed it shut.

"Why did you go alone?" Gerard said immediately, scaring me.

"I felt it would be better. Gerard, I need to talk to you. I'm scared, Gee."

He saw the look in my eyes and pulled me close to him. "What happened, baby?"

"He invited us to the city with him tomorrow but the smile he gave me - Gerard we can't go! Please?"

"Why?"

"That smile is a revenge smile. I don't know what he's going to do but I know I don't want to find out."

"We'll be fine, Frankie."

"You're really thinking about going?"

"Yeah. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Gerard - you need to listen to me! You're not listening! I'm scared for you! I'm scared for us! Everyone told me Jay wouldn't do anything but they're wrong! He's going to do something. I know he will! Don't do this."

"We'll only be there for a few minutes, okay? Then we'll come back home and I'll give you all the love I can possess. But until...." He stopped. "You're shaking. Baby, is it scaring you that much?"

"I-I don't - I don't want to go." I was on the urge of tears.

"Relax."

"No - no - no - no -" I cried.

"Shh, Frank," He held me close to his body, "We won't go. We won't go." He swayed me.

"I l-love you so m-much, Gee."

"I love you too, Frankie." He kissed my head.

***

Gerard couldn't get me to stop shaking at all after that. I was scared for him. I wanted him to stay next to me so I knew nothing could hurt him.

"Nothing's going to happen."

"You don't know that."

"And you think you do?"

"I know more than you. You weren't there! You didn't see that smile on his face! You don't know what I saw!"

"Alright," He pulled me closer to him as he slouched in the arm chair. The blanket around me being rewrapped by him.

It was late at night...or maybe it was early morning....I'm not sure. All I knew was Gerard couldn't get me to sleep. I couldn't. I needed to protect him.

"He wouldn't hurt me...physically." I spoke.

"Baby,"

"I could protect you."

"Frank -"

"I mean it. And I could always be with you!"

"Frank, that's enough!" He sighed. "I'm sorry, sugar, but I don't want to talk about this for the rest of the night. I have you here with me now. That's enough for me." He held me tightly.

"You'll always have me with you."