7

I woke up the next morning around nine but I didn't get up right away until about noon or so.

"Didn't think we'd see you at all today." Bob said.

I sat next to him.

"Did you have a good time last night?"

"Yeah, I did. He wants to have lunch with me today."

"Like a date?"

"No! He knows I have a boyfriend."

"That doesn't necessarily stop someone from asking you on a date."

Wallace came into the room.

"And besides, Gerard usually always gets what he wants even if you have a boyfriend." Bob finished.

"He would never force me to do anything."

"Oh - he doesn't have to force. You, my friend, will fall into temptation if you keep this up."

"I will not!"

"Guess we'll see. Won't we?"

***

I met Gerard on the back patio. He sat at the table and waited for me.

"Frankie, I'm so happy to see you." He got up and pulled my chair out.

I sat down as I thanked him.

"So," He sat back down in his seat. "I was hoping we could take a walk after lunch, just in the garden."

"Yeah, okay. That would be nice." I smiled slightly.

We both were quiet. I kept my head down and my eyes on the table and he stared at me.

I met his gaze. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

He shrugged as he smiled at me.

Lunch was served to the table and we began to eat.

I'll admit the food was good. We had a little wine but not a lot. He made me laugh, he told me stories, he made me put down my walls and open up to him. But then he asked about Jay.

"Tell me about him."

"I did."

"No - I mean, like really tell me about him. What's he like in your eyes?"

I really thought about it. What was Jay like to me? "Well he's treats me well. He cares for me. I mean, if you love someone, obviously you care for them but he really is sweet. He knows how to handle me." I looked at Gerard across the table, his eyes locked with mine.

"You seem very happy. He sounds like all you ever wanted."

And he was. But so was Gerard.

I looked back down at the table. He was "faking the situation" again.

"Don't do that with me."

"You remembered."

"How could I forget?"

He stood up. "Walk with me, Frankie."

I stood up and wrapped my arm around his. We walked to the garden. So many colors and different plants I didn't even know could grow in this area.

"It's so beautiful. You're lucky."

"I wish I could say I was."

"You don't think so?"