15

I woke up in the middle of the night. This is the third night in a row this has happened. And for what? Absolutely nothing.

"What's happening to me?" I whispered to myself.

I looked over at Gerard who was still perfect and asleep. Why couldn't I sleep?

I got up and walked to the window. It was a clear night. The moon was shining through the curtain I had slightly pulled back. The stream of light nearly hitting Gerard's face. I walked back to the bed kneeling next to Gerard's side of the bed.

"Gee?" I played with his hair to gently wake him.

"Frankie? It's the middle of the night. Why are you awake again?"

"I can't sleep."

"This is the third night."

"I know."

"Baby, come to bed, let me hold you."

I got back into bed, shifting closer to Gerard. He wrapped an arm around me.

"Close your eyes." He told me.

I did, then I felt his soft lips touch mine.

"Gerard,"

"Shh, keep your eyes closed."

He kissed me a few more times. And at some point I actually started drifting off into a deep sleep.

***

When I woke up, Gerard was gone.

I found a rose on his side of the bed with a tag around it that had Frankie with a heart on it. I opened the tag.

I'm not going to kiss you to sleep every night but it did help you sleep. I'm grateful for that. Anyway, I have to go to a very important meeting so I won't be home when you wake up. I don't know when I'll be back. I love you, Frank.

-xoxoG

I sniffed the rose and held it close. I put it in the cup of water I had sitting on my nightstand.

I dressed myself in jeans and a hoodie. I wasn't going anywhere today, so I had no one to impress.

I had the house to myself. Wayne went with Gerard. Wayne does a lot of things here....I wonder if that was his choice..?

I walked down to the library. "There was a book a while ago I was reading....where did it go?" I spoke to myself. I went back to that day Gerard had interrupted me reading.

I don't even remember what it was called.

I sat on the couch and pouted that I couldn't find it.

But that's when I heard the doorbell ring. I stayed where I was. It was never my job to answer the door. That was always done for me by either the butler or the man of the house...never me.

I went to check who it was and flung the door open when I saw.

"Bob!" I hugged him.

"Hey." He hugged back. "Just coming to check on you. Where's Gerard?"

"Um....working?" I tried to remember.

"He didn't tell you?"

"Oh! No - he's at a very important meeting."

"Uh huh...well I need to speak with him."

"Why?"

"I am your body guard, Frank -"

"Right. And you make that very clear to me."

He rolled his eyes. "But what good is a body guard that doesn't live under the same roof?"

"Oh...that's true. I'm sure Gerard would be open to you living here. Especially because you're hired to protect me."

"You shouldn't've opened the door. It's not your job to."

"I know. But no one else is here to."

That angered Bob. "You're here alone?"

I nodded. "But Gerard will be back soon."

"How soon?"

"How soon really is soon? Have you ever really thought about it. Seriously, we say it but do we really -"

"Frank, answer the question!"

"...I'm not sure..."

"I'll be sure to talk to Gerard about this."

"No, please? This is the first time."

"You know how I feel about you being alone!"

"Please, Bob, this was a mistake. Gerard would never -"

"Maybe six years ago he wouldn't."

I've had it with this. "Why do you do that?! Gerard doesn't mean to leave me here! No one planned on you coming to the door! I'm fine! Gerard will come back and take care of me! I don't always need you watching my every move!"

"If that's how you feel,"

"This is how I feel! You always do this! You're with it, then you're against it, with it, against it - make up your mind! I love Gerard! I'm not going back! Yes, I fell into temptation and I let this happen, and you know what? I'm happy I did what I did! Can you just be with me in something instead of turning on me in the middle of it happening?"

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you."

"Well, I'm fine. Just call Gerard tonight."

"Alright."

And with that, we said our goodbyes. He walked away as I shut the front door, locking it as well.

I went back to the library and stood in the door way, taking a deep breath and looking around. There on the floor in the corner was the familiar book cover.

"Found you." I said, picking up the book and taking it to the couch.

I laid down to read it and within an hour or so, I was passed out.