6

We arrived at the airport. It was early in the morning and I really wasn't awake yet. We made it to security and that's when he had to continue on his own.

"Okay, pumpkin. I love you and I'm going to miss you." He pulled me in for a hug.

"Me too." I hugged back. "Have fun, okay?"

"I can't have too much fun."

I smiled then looked down.

"Alright, my dear, I have to go. Give me a kiss."

I stood on my tippy toes and placed a kiss on his lips.

I watched him until he was no longer in sight.

The ride back home was long and lonely but it was a very peaceful morning.

I got into the house. "Wallace?" I called. "I'm home!"

"Wallace left to go grocery shopping." Bob said.

"Oh." I pulled my jacket off and hung it up. "So, what's new with you?" I sat next to Bob.

"Wallace told me you want to go to Gerard's party."

"He told you that?"

"Hey, I'm not Jay so he can spill everything you tell him to me."

I sighed. "Fine. Yes, I would like to go to Gerard's party."

"Wallace laid out your suit."

"Really?!"

"But this time you're coming back to this house at three or I will drag you back here."

"It was an accide-"

"Do I make myself clear?"

I nodded as I looked towards my feet.

"It's only because I'm your body guard that I'm like this with you."

"I understand."

***

That night I got ready for Gerard's party. I put on my suit tucking my necklace under my button down shirt.

"You ready?" Bob called outside the bedroom door.

I walked out of the room. "Yeah."

"Come back by three, Frank."

"I will."

When I got to the gates of Gerard's house, I took a deep breath and walked through them.

I ended up finding my way to the back of his house where the pool was, along with the dancers in the pool with their short, glittery outfits and their headdresses. Everyone around me was careless. Some were drunk. Some were drunk on something happening around them. Everyone was clearly having a good time though.

I looked up at Gerard's house.

It looks so pretty from the back.

I moved my eyes to the top balcony where I saw him looking out at the party. When his eyes landed on me, he smirked and motioned for me to come to him, which I did.