24

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

Frank and I were in the library. We were laying on the couch, him on top of me reading as I played with his damp hair.

"Lets go to breakfast in the morning, just you and I."

"Where?"

"Well, there's this diner outside of town. I think you'll enjoy it."

He was quiet for a moment. "Yeah, that would be nice."

"We're back!" Bob announced when he came into the house. It was seconds after when he was standing in the doorway.

Frank was caught up in his book to even notice Bob was there. And before Frank could get upset - because he wasn't happy with Bob either - I motioned for him to go.

***

It was late.

"Frankie?"

He didn't reply. He was still reading.

"Come on, you little bookworm," I said jokingly, closing the book and taking it away.

"No -"

"It's late. You need to sleep."

He wasn't quite fond of my suggestion but he didn't argue.

I followed him to the bedroom. We got ready for bed, I even tucked him in. When I climbed into bed, I pressed myself up against him and held him tightly.

And for the first time today, Frank relaxed under my touch, he even turned around to face me.

I watched him until his eyes slipped shut and I knew he was asleep. I kissed his forehead, "I love you so much, Frank."

There was a knock on the bedroom door.

"Come in," I tried to speak loud enough for whoever it was to hear me, but low enough so Frank wouldn't wake up.

Bob walked into the room, "Is he asleep?"

I nodded.

"Did you get him to come out or did he just give in?"

"Neither. I think he was hungry and thought we all left. He walked to the kitchen when I saw him. And I don't think he got much sleep in the passed three days, he fell asleep so fast."

"He'll keep you on your toes." Bob got up, "I should let you get some sleep."

"Bob?"

"Hmm?"

"Take a day for yourself."

"Oh - no, Gerard -"

"I mean it. I'll take Frank for the day, Wayne has vacation time,"

"You gave your own servant vacation time?"

"He's not my servant. He just helps out around the house. And yes, he deserves time off as well."

"What's that all about?"

"I know how difficult this can be and I don't want you to think you're here just to watch Frank."

"Frank's mother hired me to protect him. I can't take that time off."