23

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

I hadn't seen or spoken to Frank since that afternoon....it's been three days... He hasn't spoken to anyone, not even Wayne. Yesterday Bob and I tried to see if he would talk to Wallace but that didn't work either.

"Frankie?" I knocked on the bedroom door. "Baby, Wayne and Bob are going grocery shopping....Is there anything you need or want?" I waited.

No answer.

I put my ear up against the door. I heard light hiccups and sniffling. "Frank?" I asked again. "Sweetheart, talk to me." I tried the door handle, but it was still locked.

After another few minutes, I gave up. Frank wasn't speaking and clearly didn't want to be seen. So why continue trying?

I walked back downstairs, disappointment written all over my face.

"Nothing?"

I shook my head. "I'll stay here just in case he comes down."

"Sure?"

"Yeah - it'll be fine."

Once they left, I sat in the lounge and thought. I thought so much I wasn't paying attention to anything.

I didn't tell Jay to kiss Frank. Yeah, I didn't stop him but I never gave him permission to kiss him. But there was nothing I could do to fix this right now if Frank doesn't want to -

I saw movement from the corner of my eye. I looked across the hall, Frank was walking into the kitchen.

"Or maybe I could fix this..."

I got up and stood in the door way of the lounge, leaning against the wall.

Frank looked around the kitchen then looked across the hall. When his eyes landed on me, he tensed.

We didn't move. We didn't speak. We just stared at the other.

His hair was a mess, his eyes were puffy, his face was pale but his cheeks were a slight shade of pink.

All I wanted was to comfort him. I wanted to hold him and pretend like this had never happened, I could erase his memory of what happened so he was happy.

I stood up and took one step forward before he took off to the stairs. I ran after him, grabbing at him when I was close enough. He had slipped and fell onto them as I pinned him there.

He shrieked.

"Let me go! Get off me!"

"Frank - stop! Why are you running from me?!" I shouted over his screaming and whining.

"Let me go!" He continued.

"Frank, I'm sorry I didn't stop -"

"GET OFF!" He yelled at me.

I put my hand over his mouth. "Would you listen to me?!" I yelled back at him.

He struggled against me.

I swear if someone was to come through the door right now - it wouldn't be pretty.

"I'm sorry I didn't stop him but don't distance yourself from me, Frank. Please?!"

He pushed my hand away from his mouth as tears pooled in his eyes, screaming that he hated me over and over and over again.

I got off of him and sat next to him. He cried - he just cried, and I hated every minute that he did.

"You don't love me." He spoke after a while.

"You know I love you."

"No, you don't!"