21

I sat on the floor across from the front door, waiting for it to open and Gerard to walk in.

Bob was watching me. I know he was. "Frank, you need to eat dinner. Come back to the dining room."

"I want to see him."

"He'll be home soon. Now, come eat."

"I'm not hungry."

Bob stood behind me. I felt him glare at me. He did hate it when I didn't cooperate with him but Gerard was coming home tonight. I wanted Gerard not dinner.

My eyes plastered themselves on front door, waiting so eagerly for it to open.

"Please, please, please, open please?!"

And when the door handle twisted, my eyes widened. But when the door was pushed open I got so excited until I only saw Wayne walk in.

I was so confused. Where was Gee?

Wayne then grabbed towards the door and took suitcases, bringing them inside.

I felt that same spark of excitement shoot through my whole body. And then he walked through the door.

I shot up and jumped into his arms.

"Hi, Frankie." He pulled me closer to him.

Even though he was only gone for a few days, it didn't matter to me. I missed him. Every waking moment was just not the same.

"I have something for you." He said then pulled out a notebook handing it to me. "Bob said you wanted to do this."

I took the notebook and opened it, eager to read what he wrote.

"No, Frank. You can read it after dinner."

"But -"

"After dinner." He repeated himself.

We sat at the table. Gerard kept his notebook next to him.

"Why can't I read it now?"

"Because I want you to eat something first. I know when you start reading, you don't stop for anything."

"So? I just want to read it, Gee. Please?"

"Not yet."

I pouted. This just wasn't fair to me.

"And if you're going to act like a child about it then you're not reading it at all."

"What do you mean? He is a child." Bob added.

I glared at him. "I am not! And you always call me a child!"

"That's because you always act like one. I've told you before, you're the child I never asked for."

I got up trying to leave the room but Gerard had grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"He's just kidding. Stay here."

I looked back down the table at Bob. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Frankie." Gerard pulled me down on to his lap.

I leaned back, laying in his arms. He leaned down placing soft, light kisses all over my face then pressed a long, slow, passionate kiss on my lips. He then pulled me into his chest, holding me for a few more minutes before pulling away.