Chapter 12

I woke up and Ash was entering the room. "Ugh...what time is it Ashy?" I was surprised to hear my own voice again. Ash was the same. "It's lunchtime and it seems you're doing better. I got you some soup and crackers again but they had some leftover breakfast bacon so there's some if that for you." I nodded and took the tray from him. I was starving! I ate the soup and bacon and decided to wait on the crackers. "Serena. You ate that faster than I would!" He seemed worried. "Ashy, I haven't ate much these past couple of days, what'd you expect? Thanks for getting me lunch too."
"You're welcome. It's such a relief to finally hear your voice again."
"I only lost it for a day, babe"
"I know but it felt like forever! So, do you want to stay in bed all day again?"
"I'd like to go out with everyone but I don't want Bonnie near me. I might make her sick too." Ash nodded in agreement. "If you have the strength, we can take a walk. You, me and the blue sky!"
"Pikachu can come too. I know he gets lonely."
"Pika! Pi?"
"Pikachu, do you want to come with me and Ash?"
"Pika!" He nodded.
"I'll take that as a yes. Ash? If i start feeling weak, will you help me?"
"If I have to, I'll carry you. I wouldn't mind that." I blushed. He likes carrying me now. I decided to stay in my PJs and Ash held my hand as we headed out.

Along our walk, we saw a bunch of trainers and their pokemon. Some were training for the league, like Ash. Yet some, looked like they were pursuing other goals with their pokemon. I just want to perform. If above all else, I'd like to be Ash's wife! I wouldn't mind giving up on Kalos queen if it meant I got to spend the rest of my life with Ash!

Ash and I casually talked about him wanting to battle Clemont and me wanting to win my first princess key. Ash was getting pumped up but I had to remind him that he has a sick girlfriend to take care of.
"Ash, don't you have something else of importance before you focus on clemont?" I gave him a look to see if he knew.
"Of course, Serena." He hugged me. I could tell he was about to say me.
"I've got to get pikachu trained up."
"What?!" He did not just forget about me!
"Serena, I'm just teasing you. That can wait till after we get you better." I blushed.
"You were about to be in big trouble with me, Mr, Ketchum" I told him sternly. He just rubbed my shoulders knowing I wouldn't mind. I was still kind of mad at him for teasing me. He embraced me and gave my forehead a kiss before we headed back. What was I mad about before? "Oh, Ash you always know how to make me feel special."
"I don't do anything, Serena. I just hug, kiss and cuddle you."
"That's what I want. I've been waiting so long for this! I used to dream of meeting you again after we left Kanto for Kalos. You were my best friend!" I looked down and started to tear up. Ash wiped away my tears and comforted me.
"Hey, we're here now. Truth is, I kept my mind on you during my journey. I always hoped I'd run into you at the next pokemon center. Then when I heard about Kalos, I thought to myself 'If she isn't here, I don't know how I'll ever find her.' Then you found me battling Viola. After the battle, I was so caught up with everything, I didn't recognize you at first." He was making me cry. I was sad that he may have given up on finding me if I didn't find him in Kalos. I was also crying tears of joy as I remembered meeting him at that battle. I was so caught up with the memories, I failed to notice he had started carrying me.
"Thanks Ash. I'm sorry for crying. I just thought of what would've happened if I didn't run into you at Viola's gym." He let me bury my face in his shirt. I could hear his heart beating faster. "It's okay, Serena. Don't think about that. Think about you getting your princess key" oh yeah, the keys! Also all the things me and Ash wanted to do after I won. I hope I win this next performance!
"Ash, I'll win this next performance for you!" I said with that sad voice since I had been crying.
"You don't have to win it for me. Win it for your dream!"
"My dream is to be with you! I never want to leave your side!" I still had my face buried in Ash's shirt. I didn't want him to see my red face from crying.
"Don't worry, Serena. It's not like I'll be leaving Kalos."
"But won't you want to go to other regions"
"Not if you're not going with me. I don't want to leave you behind here" I buried my head back into Ash and let a few more tears leave my eyes. "Ash! I love you!" I yelled out from his arms.
"Serena. I love you too. Let's get you back to the pokemon center before we draw attention."
"Ok. I'll stay quiet. I don't want anyone to think that you hurt me." That was the last thing I said before I quieted down and buried my face back into Ash's chest. I could feel his body's warmth. I probably cried right through his shirt. I didn't care. I cried because he loves me.

We finally reached the pokemon center. Unfortunately, someone else had beat us there.