Chapter 47

"Is this a dream?" I said as I slapped myself. Ash chuckled, still holding the ring, "No, it's not a dream. So what is your answer, Serena? Will you become Mrs. Ketchum?" I nodded with tears forming in my eyes. Ash slipped the ring on my left ring finger and he pulled me into an embrace. I began bawling. I never would have thought this day would have come. The day I said yes to that question from Ash, my childhood hero and love. I wonder how long it'll be before I technically become Ash's wife. He's the reason I'm so happy with my life. He helped me find my dreams and he was the reason I got away from the daily torment of something I did not want to do for the rest of my life. I will always love him. Ash is the best thing that could have happened to me. I never wanted to let go of this hug but I did because I wanted something better. The first kiss of Ash and I being engaged! I let go off Ash and almost immediately slammed my lips on his. I didn't care that my mother was watching, I was just so happy right now with Ash. This birthday couldn't get any better. This moment, right now, made me forget about all the bad that had happened these past few weeks. I kept my lips locked with his as I closed my eyes and pictured him in the cutest tux waiting for me down the aisle. I wanted to wait for that day. I will make sure that day is totally perfect! Finally, Ash broke the kiss so we could both gain our breath back. "So, is it Ash Yvonne, or Serena Ketchum?" My mother asked us after unlocked our lips. "I think Ash Yvonne sounds better than Serena Ketchum, don't you?" Ash asked us both. I nodded my head and rested it on Ash's shoulder. My mom spoke by saying, "Well either way, welcome to our family, Ash." I wiped the few extra tears running down my face as Ash said, "Thanks, Grace, or do I call you mom now as well?" Ash could make such a tear-jerking moment into a laughing one. We all laughed at his remark before my mother answered his question, "Call me whatever you prefer, son." She really put the emphasis on that "Son."  I guess she was teasing him as he had to her. "Ash, does your mother know?" He nodded and replied, "Yeah she does. She's coming to meet us tomorrow." I gave a look of confusion, "Then why didn't you wait until tomorrow?" Ash shrugged it off as he answered, "I figured doing it on your birthday would've been better." He had a point. He made this birthday one of my best yet and one I won't ever forget. My mom came up to us and pulled all three of us into a hug. Our first family hug, I guess. the thought made me smile again. "Ash, I'm so glad you almost got yourself killed rescuing that Garchomp. Otherwise, we would have never met again and none of what we went through would have happened." I shed one last tear at the memories of Ash and I. We were about to make some new ones, as an engaged couple. Ash chuckled, "That wasn't the only time I almost killed myself for a Pokémon or someone I care about." Then the memories of the night Miette passed came back to me. The feelings I felt. Horror that I may never hold Ash again. Also the dread that if Miette survived she was gonna kill me next after Ash. I shook those memories away. This was our special day and I did not want those memories ruining it for me. We all broke our hug and we decided to call it a night and head for the Pokémon center. "Mom, where are you staying tonight," I asked. She looked over at me and smiled at Ash holding me close and answered, "I'm in a nearby hotel near the Pokémon center. I'll wait for you two at the entrance of the Pokémon center so we can head off to Ash's gym battle." His battle. Right. That meant he wouldn't be sleeping much tonight. I let out a loud yawn and Ash spoke, "Want me to carry you?" I nodded and replied "Yes and can you promise me something?" He picked me up and looked down at me and asked, "What's that, Serena?" I let one more yawn before answering, "Will you sleep with me tonight? I know how you are the night before your gym battles." He chuckled quietly and responded, "Sure Serena. I'll stay in bed with you tonight." I nodded as I felt ash start walking with me in his arms. My mother separated from us so she could head back to her hotel for the night. Ash carried me some more. I spoke up, "Ash, I want to have some fun with you tonight but I'm far too tired. How about if you win, I'll give you a reward tomorrow night that you'll love?" Ash smiled and replied, "I'm tired too. I know I'll win tomorrow so you can count on that tomorrow evening." I smiled at him and whispered to him, "Good, I need a good pounding to celebrate our engagement" I said in a seductive, flirty tone. I was gonna tease him and make him eager for tomorrow night. We finally got back to the Pokémon center and into our room. Misty was already asleep on the spare bed. Ash set me down and helped me take off my dress and I helped him. I was so tired so it was basically Ash undressing the both of us and trying to keep me from falling on the floor. We got into bed and curled up with each other. I almost instantly fell asleep after telling Ash I loved him and told him goodnight with his response being the same. Today was the best day of my life!