Chapter 39

Before I start this chapter, I want to ask, is it alright if I start referring to drinks and things by what people would refer to them in irl (I.E. Coke, pepsi, sprite etc etc)? Also, school starts today for me so I am not quite sure how it'll impact my update rate.
We reached the El Diablo restaurant again tonight. We went in and were seated and a new waiter came and asked for our drink orders. I asked for a cola and Ash did too. Bonnie and Clemont wanted water while Misty asked for a lemon-lime drink. We got our drinks and began to order. I ordered the burrito from last time since I didn't get to properly enjoy it last night. Ash ordered a chimichanga. Misty, she seemed starved and ordered the endless tacos that Ash had last night. Bonnie asked for a children's taco meal while Clemont ordered a burrito bowl. Just hearing everyone else order made my mouth begin to salivate. I was just thankful we didn't have Kate as a waitress again. I don't think I could stand to look at her again. Especially since I allowed her to have Ash for a short bit. I'm glad we cut her off him before she got into it.
"Hello...Serena? You in there?" Ash asked, waving his hand in front of my face.
"Yeah, I was just thinking. Anyway, Misty, how do you know Ash?"
"We traveled together back in Kanto, along with Brock. Ash how did we meet?"
"I know a swarm of beedrill were chasing me and Pikachu then I found you and took your bike because Pikachu was in really bad shape and took off. Unfortunately, your bike didn't survive that trip. That was the main reason you followed me around at first, because you wanted me to pay you back for your bike." I looked towards Ash, "Did you pay for the bike? I don't want a man who's in debt to another girl" I teased him. Bonnie and Clemont got a chuckle out of it but Ash turned red from embarrassment. Misty spoke up for Ash, "He didn't pay for it, because someone fixed it for me."
"I see. Who's Brock?"
"He's a guy me and Misty traveled with. He traveled with me through Hoenn too. He's a lot like Clemont actually."
"In what regards?" Clemont asked, giving Ash a confused look.
"He's a great cook, and he knows a lot about caring for pokemon and how they battle."
"He's probably more physically fit, unlike me." Clemont pouted.
"Yeah, why is that Clemont? You always have a hard time keeping up when we run and stuff." I asked. Our food came but Clemont waited to answer after we had all begun eating. My burrito was great. It sucks I ruined it with that sauce last night. After Clemont had ate a bit of his burrito bowl, he began to explain why he was so unfit. He had never told anyone what had happened but his parents knew because they helped him get well again. Clemont had cancer. He was close to death but he came back. It did cost him though, it took part of his right lung. He said Bonnie didn't know because it happened when she was so young and he didn't really want to tell anybody out of embarrassment. We all shed a few tears hearing him speak about his battle. Bonnie was the most shaken up, she hugged Clemont the entire time he spoke. After Clemont had told us all he wanted to say, Ash spoke up, "Wow Clemont, if I had known I wouldn't have made all of run so much." Bonnie chimed in, "me too, big brother!" Clemont smiled and said, "It doesn't matter. I don't like it when you guys feel sorry for me. Let's all enjoy tonight and the lives we live." After that conversation, I started to sob a little bit. It was difficult to hear and be completely oblivious this whole time. I can only imagine how Bonnie felt. She had gone her whole life not knowing her big brother had gone through such an ordeal. Misty, was saddened too but she didn't want us all sad so she spoke up, "Anyways, there's this carnival on the other side of Lumiose that has all these cool rides and things to do. We should go tomorrow evening!" She sounded optimistic but her facial expression said something else. She was empathetic towards Clemont, even though she just met him. I could feel Ash rubbing my back, trying to comfort me. It did make me feel better. Eventually, we all got past our sadness and continued to eat. Ash was quiet and he kept eating like his usual self. "Hey, how about we head back to the pokemon center and play a game or something?" I suggested. Clemont chimed in with his usual happy tone, "That sounds like a great idea, Serena!"
"Count me in too." Ash replied and Misty and Bonnie nodded at Ash's remark. I took a few more bites of my burrito until it was gone. It was pretty good. I waited for everyone else to finish eating. Bonnie was next, then Misty, Ash and finally Clemont. We had all payed up for our bill and left. We were heading back to the Pokemon center to play games for the evening.

So, this chapter was hard for me to write. I blended in some of my past into what you read this chapter. I was also a lung cancer survivor, just like I made Clemont. I was gonna have this whole line of dialogue from him but I found it too difficult for me to write so I just had Serena sum up what all Clemont said.